Apprentice Facilities Engineer
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Apprentice Facilities Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
To assist with the monitoring and inspection of critical plant areas, essential for site operation. Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Reactive Repairs on both Mechanical and Electrical systems and equipment as a member of the on-site facilities team at Visa in Basingstoke.
This is an individual contributor role for someone with the technical ability to learn and understand the critical facilities operations. This role serves as an entry level engineer working alongside or under the supervision of Shift Engineers and Shift Leaders.
Details on the apprenticeship standard can be found here: https://www.bcot.ac.uk/subject-areas/engineering/ep09/
· Learn how to work across the critical facilities systems including Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Detection and suppression, Building Management System (BMS) for energy and environmental controls, and emergency backup systems
· Assist experienced engineers with planned preventative maintenance and reactive incidents for both facilities and plant
· Learn and understand Health and Safety regulations and apply these in all activities undertaken in the workplace
· Create, undertake and close tickets for a range of activities as required by the site team, including but not limited to Asset management, environmental conditions & infrastructure works
· Liaise with facilities, external and internal engineers and clients as a representative of the data center
· Analyse data and identify trends to help manage costs, team efficiency, and understand facility issues to determine root cause and escalate to engineers/management
· Any other task as directed by the facilities management team.
· A good basic education (Maths & English Grade 4 GCSE or above) is essential, with good written and spoken English and mathematical skills.
· IT skills (Microsoft Office)
· Working towards recognised electrical or mechanical qualifications
· Basic understand of electrical and mechanical systems
· Candidate must be driven, self-motivated, and a strong team player
· Be willing to travel on company business as necessary
Must be physically fit and able to work standard Visa 35 hour week
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.