Director, Container Security - Cybersecurity Products
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa has fully embraced containerization technologies that enable us to move to microservices-based application architectures and be able to deploy at scale. To secure such environments, Visa's cybersecurity product team engineered a cybersecurity product that delivers critical container and Kubernetes security across the states of build, deployment, and runtime security in the Visa private cloud. This role will lead this product team as its Director, and lead a team of software engineers, AI engineers, and security architects to continue to build on this world-class product.
- In addition, you will wear the hat of the chief container security strategist for the company, providing guidance for design and architecture of k8s and other orchestrated clusters at a massive scale.
- You will also be the chief architect for this cybersecurity product, continuously enhancing it to combat threats against this platform
- You will work with Visa's container and platform experts to implement rapid POCs and pilots to demonstrate feasibility of new capabilities and technologies and align security defenses to such capabilities
- You will work closely with application teams in ensuring container security best practices implemented using the Visa product and native Linux/K8s security capabilities and the infrastructure security automation can be self-service
- Lastly, while you are a people manager, you will also be the lead software engineer of this cybersecurity product
See this article that talks about this product in CSO Magazine - https://www.csoonline.com/article/3529974/how-visa-built-its-own-container-security-solution.html
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience: 6+ years of product-oriented software development experience with atleast 2+ years of leading a team.
- Software Engineering: The candidate must have software engineering background in functional or object oriented programming languages such as Go, C++, or Rust and deployed solutions with atleast 1000+ lines of code (academic/professionally)
- Container technologies background: Atleast 3 years of hands-on experience with containers in production environment - Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes preferred.
- DevOps: Knowledge of tools like Jenkins, Ansible, CI/CD
- Hands-on experience building platforms at scale for containerized workloads, particularly leveraging Kubernetes and other workflow orchestrators. They must posses detailed understanding of core concepts of Kubernetes APIs and cluster architecture
- Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift deployment, configuration, scaling, and management of containerized applications experience is a plus. This includes strong system security awareness, knowledge of OS hardening, hardening, securing a Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards
- Understanding of networking concepts incl. iptables, ipsets, eBPF
- Working with tools surrounding the Kubernetes ecosystem such as helm, kubeadm, sysdig, FluentD, etc.
- Working with configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Proficiency is scripting and automation skills, converting manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation
- Must have led team of technical product managers, managing products and roadmaps
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills and posses an ability to explain technical concepts and guidance to staff
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
· This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.