Sr. Product Manager, US Credit Product Strategy and Platform Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Product Manager, US Credit Product Strategy and Platform Management will be responsible for supporting the definition and execution of end to end Strategy for our U.S. Consumer Credit Platforms (Traditional, Traditional Rewards, Signature, Signature Preferred and Infinite). The role will also be responsible for leading and managing key projects, spanning between episodic initiatives to execute the strategy and ongoing credit platform management activities.
Visa’s Credit platforms drive over a trillion dollars annually in payment volume, and generate significant net revenue for Visa. Our issuing partners utilize these platforms to serve the needs of over 100M customers, helping consumers meet financial goals and delivering exceptional products in marketplace segments including student, secured, new-to-credit, non-rewards and rewards products. Our offerings include Visa Signature and Visa Infinite; travel, lifestyle and protection benefits; and cardholder servicing features and value added services.
- Support US consumer credit product strategy development and execution. Support development of hypotheses, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, conduct consumer research, develop and execute strategic recommendations to defend and grow Visa’s consumer credit market share.
- Support development of US consumer credit product roadmap and strategy. Build business case for new initiatives, product features and capabilities.
- Support day to day product management activities including but not limited to program review and approvals, reporting, audit, SME support, sales collateral updates, platform rule updates, and product implementation guide maintenance and updates.
- Support and execute projects related to the design, development and market roll out of new features and capabilities for US consumer credit platforms.
- Interact closely with other teams within Credit (e.g. Benefits, Product delivery) to determine the right architecture and configuration of benefits on our Credit platforms.
- Support development of product artifacts and communications that deliver against existing and new product capabilities for US consumer credit platforms
- Educate Product Delivery, Client delivery, Portfolio solution sales and other teams across Visa on US credit platform capabilities and ensure they can communicate and promote our products effectively.
- Work collaboratively across functional teams including Loyalty, Global Credit, Visa Consulting and Analytics, Co-Brand, Client Delivery, Client Services, Visa Research and others to execute on key initiatives affecting US consumer credit.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5-8 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in business management, computer science or information technology. MBA preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in strategy, product management, and/or project management domains with demonstrated ability to support financial services products in US market
- Knowledge of the economic drivers of the consumer credit card industry preferred
- Experience supporting consumer credit portfolios for a US credit issuer in key areas such as strategy, product management and/or analytics preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on projects across teams and ensure project deadlines are met
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional areas to build consensus and achieve goals.
- A high, self-defined standard of excellence and drive for continual improvement
- An affinity for payments technology and its future. Deep curiosity about what is happening, and what is happening next in the industry.
- Ability to interpret data and translate findings into strategic insights and actionable recommendations; Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position may require minimal travel for work <10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.