- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The North America Risk team is responsible for executing a suite of compliance programs that protect the payment system from acquirers, merchants and agents that generate an excessive level of fraud and chargeback activity. The programs also leverage proprietary tools, third party vendors and leads from stakeholders to mitigate risks from merchants attempting to submit illegal or brand damaging transactions into the payment system. This position is responsible for supporting global execution of the existing suite of compliance programs and will be directly responsible for building and executing new programs to address issuers and agents that generate an excessive level of CNP fraud. The position will also support execution of a fraud reporting compliance program to maintain the effectiveness of Visa fraud detection tools.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment managing risk programs and events and must be capable of driving Risk program objectives across the payment eco-system. The applicant should possess strong analytical skills, be able to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy, and foster positive internal and external relationships. The candidate must be a team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
o Support the implementation and execution of a global issuer fraud-monitoring program
o Enhance effectiveness of Visa’s fraud prevention tools by executing a global fraud reporting compliance program and management of a global fraud-working group.
o Support development and execution of a compliance program to minimize CNP fraud risks presented by payment facilitators, marketplaces and ISO’s
o Support execution of Visa’s merchant and acquirer chargeback and fraud monitoring programs and high risk merchant registration programs
Monitor and evaluate program operations, processes and practices for quality and effectiveness; identify opportunities for improvement.
Provide training and documentation to clients to strengthen their ability to prevent and mitigate program violations.
Contribute to the development and enhancement of Best Practices Guides to address fraud, chargeback, and other risk-related acceptance issues.
Maintain program documentation and records for review and audit purposes.
Prepare monthly management reports on program status and trends and billing
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- Five or more years risk management experience in the financial services industry, experience managing acquiring or issuing related risks preferred
- Superior knowledge of factors influencing CNP fraud and / or acquirer and issuer risk management practices and fraud mitigation tactics.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid relationship management / communication skills and ability to influence at a senior management level both internally and externally.
- Understanding of Visa fraud reporting requirements and practices
- Proven ability to translate ideas into action.
- Ability to produce and deliver high-quality reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills with a high degree of ethics and self-motivation
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, MBA preferred.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, DB experience a plus)
• Moderate Financial analysis experience preferred (balance sheet, forecasting etc.)
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.