Sr. Project Analyst /Project Manager
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Business Solutions, Fraud/Authentication and Payment System Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 100 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
Our Technical Program Managers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our production systems.
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/ product program management, release management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, , processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a “make it happen” attitude.
You will have primary responsibility for managing a large program as also release management functions. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing large scale, cross divisional program/projects with budgets upto $10M.
- Work with Product Owners to develop program roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Ensure the program and projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is reported regularly on program progress and financial status.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings.
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts
- Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules.
- Facilitate development of solutions that automate the release cycle from code check-in to deployment.
- Drive improvement in overall efficiency and reliability of our release and deployment processes.
- Facilitate solutions for identified security vulnerabilities and track to timely remediation
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Technical Project/Program Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage one’s time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
No Travel required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.