Digital Solutions Architect
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What we expect of you, day to day
Day to day…
- Be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and thought leader for our Digital Products including Visa Token Services (VTS), Visa Account Updater Suite (VAU) and Click to Pay (CTP). Champion the digital product portfolio across the organisation, ensuring client-facing teams have the knowledge, collateral and support they need to rapidly grow product penetration and revenue
- Support MS&A and market teams during technical pre-sales by leading the technical aspect of client conversations and also address any technical questions that may arise during contracting stage of sales lifecycle
- Offer implementation support to clients on regular basis and ensure Visa’s digital solutions are integrated into client’s platforms as per the product implementation guidelines. Also, where appropriate take feedback from the client and enhance product construct, to improve the solution architecture
- Create and apply best practices related to implementation and deployment aspects of all digital products and solutions
- Monitor client’s performance against digital solutions post deployment and take mitigative actions where appropriate to ensure product benefits are delivered successfully
- Working closely with cluster teams and Customer Services, develop pilot framework and strategy, launch communications plan and execution framework for new products offerings
- Work collaboratively with all cross-functional teams to support development of digital solutions that enable Visa to be the leading player across all of our geographies. This includes bespoke solutions to enable us to launch in markets where there is challenging regulation or domestic scheme competitors
- Work with global and local product development teams to develop a localized view of products and to ensure everything is in place for effective deployment in Europe region
- Play an active role in the delivery of our digital strategy with a consumer driven mindset to innovate in the digital arena with new use cases or solutions related to the current infrastructure and the future of payments, bringing innovation and transformation to the digital payments space
- Work with product managers to help evaluate product related regulatory, legal and operational risks and implement mitigations required
- Orchestrate cross-functional coordination to execute pilots and formal product launches
- Leverage learnings across product launches to develop a Go-To-Market Playbook
What we’re after…
- An Engineering background, with significant experience of product development and solution architecture experience in ecommerce, digital and mobile payments, mobile platforms or in payments systems integration
- Excellent understanding of Web technologies including RESTful APIs, mobile and eCommerce payment technologies and message sets, including Network Tokenisation, 3-D Secure, Visa Direct, ISO 8583, ISO 20022, APACS, NFC, contactless payments, online/remote payments and in-app payments
- Understanding of Eurozone regulation and directives, SEPA, IFR, GDPR and PSD2
- Experience of delivering enterprise ecommerce solutions for organisations, with a solid background in Application Architecture with experience of integrations using a variety of protocols including REST and SOAP
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to code to APIs and prove out the early stage technical feasibility of an architecture
- Consumer driven mindset – must have an in-depth knowledge of how digital solutions can drive security and reduce friction from the consumer’s point of view
- A passion for solving the problems of the future through innovation, technology & design to build better businesses for the future
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and a proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Able to combine aspects of the business and commercialisation with technical understanding.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, requiring support of multiple ongoing product and solution development initiatives and providing product support for teams delivering implementation projects
- Advanced planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel Skills
- Ability to travel as required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.