Senior Product Manager (Technical) – Digital Products
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and thought leader for our Digital Products including Visa Token Services (VTS), Visa Account Updater Suite (VAU) and Click to Pay (CTP). Champion the digital product portfolio across the organisation, ensuring client-facing teams have the knowledge, collateral and support they need to rapidly grow product penetration and revenue
- Undertake research with cluster teams to understand segmentation, user payment needs, market practices and behaviours
- Develop digital solutions that enable Visa to be the leading player across all of our geographies. This includes bespoke solutions to enable us to launch in markets where there is challenging regulation or domestic scheme competitors.
- Shape product initiatives required to execute the defined strategy recognising the role of “set-play” groups of products to deliver greater value for Visa’s clients. This includes but not limited to gathering requirements from cluster and Client Services teams and maintaining the European product roadmap
- Support the prioritisation of initiatives based on an understanding of client needs gathered from client facing teams, together with an assessment of likely benefit to Visa. Align European requirements with global teams to ensure solutions are developed and commercialised to support regional needs. Write and review business requirements documentation, product specifications and requirements papers and collaborate closely with cross functional teams to analyse requirements of new digital products and services or initiatives to support the business
- Work with global and local product development teams to develop a localized view of products and to ensure everything is in place for effective deployment in Europe region
- Play an active role in the delivery of our digital strategy with a consumer driven mindset to innovate in the digital arena with new use cases or solutions related to the current infrastructure and the future of payments, bringing innovation and transformation to the digital payments space
- Develop and disseminate materials to educate internal and external stakeholders on new and enhanced product offerings
- Create compelling client facing market collateral for engaging payment service providers and acquirers on e-commerce centred on UX for key use cases and solutions
- Evaluate product related regulatory, legal and operational risks and implement mitigations required
- Create and apply best practices to create commercial constructs, terms, agreements and pricing structures
- Working closely with cluster teams and CS, develop pilot framework and strategy, launch communications plan and execution framework for new products offerings
- Orchestrate cross-functional coordination to execute pilots and formal product launches
- Leverage learnings across product launches to develop a Go-To-Market Playbook
What we’re after…
- An Engineering background, with significant experience of product development and product management in ecommerce, digital and mobile payments, mobile platforms or in payments systems integration
- Passion and deep knowledge of global and emerging payments technologies, product solutions, commercial and operational frameworks
- Excellent understanding of Web technologies including RESTful APIs, mobile and eCommerce payment technologies and message sets, including Network Tokenisation, 3-D Secure, Visa Direct, ISO 8582, ISO 20022, APACS, NFC, contactless payments, online/remote payments and in-app payments
- Consumer driven mindset – must have an in-depth knowledge of how digital solutions can drive security and reduce friction from the consumer’s point of view
- Commercial acumen – an understanding of the economics of the client’s business and the ways digital products can impact a client’s P&L, as well as the commercial drivers of Visa’s business
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical internal and external audiences, at varying levels of management
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and a proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Understanding of Eurozone regulation and directives, SEPA, IFR, GDPR and PSD2
- Highly collaborative, ability to work across multiple teams in an organization. Strong interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with leaders and team members within Visa
- Able to combine aspects of the business and commercialisation with technical understanding.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, requiring support of multiple ongoing product and solution development initiatives and providing product support for teams delivering implementation projects
- Advanced planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel Skills
- Ability to travel as required
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.