- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a dynamic production support engineer. The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team – you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and postproduction implementations.
· 24x7 on-call support as per roaster
· Monitor Processing and analyze different alerts.
· Ensure timely execution/delivery/availability
· Root Cause Analysis.
· Try to provide permanent fix approach as much as possible.
· Facilitate maintenance activities
· Plan and executes changes as per instructions
· Strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines
· Updates to knowledge repository on a regular basis as assigned
· Knowledge Transition from/to others
· Research/Analysis Work to answer questions, this may need extensive code debugging.
· Automate manual activities as much as possible.
· Meet end client’s expectations and deadlines.
- ·3-5 years hands-on experience in 24x7-production support in large distributed data processing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge in developing, testing and supporting online applications in JAVA stack, Linux scripting, Db2,Hadoop architecture, Hive meta store.
- 3-5 years of Core JAVA experience , as well as proficiency in any one language or tools (JAVA/Kafka/Spark).
- Experienced in Java development using Eclipse/My Eclipse or any major Java IDE.
- Support Experience with setting up Alerts and automated deployment thru Jenkins.
- Hands On experience in monitoring and analyzing logs in any of the scheduling tools and familiar with Splunk monitoring, familiar with different kind of alert mechanism which can be actioned for real time API application.
- Some Experience in code turnover using version control tools like CLEARCASE,GIT Hub will be helpful.
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe.
- Strong analytical skill to analyze code, understand business rules and trace data following the process flow to investigate data related issues.
- Ability to drive problem bridges collaborates with others from different functional and technical areas and escalates timely to get help to resolve problems within time.
- A quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others.
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills.
- Ability to research solutions to various business and technical problems.
- Strong process adherence to follow change, incident and problem management processes.
- Flexibility to work in shifts(as per roaster) and during weekends and extended hours when needed.
- Strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situation.
- Strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment.
--> Shift allowances as per Company policy, which is not included in fixed package.