Principal Program Manager, Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Product Development (DPD) organization is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information products and services to customers. The portfolio comprises of over 120 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world.
The DPD Program and Business Management team ensures high quality deliverables, consistent project / program / business management processes, governance, and coordination. Additionally, the team drives agility / performance efficiencies by managing processes including portfolio, budget, workforce, and communications management.
DPD employs agile delivery leveraging SAFe. This role is a senior program management role that would provide coaching to other team members on SAFe framework, SDLC, compliance activities and process improvements. This position is based in the Foster City office.
- Provide program management functions for a portfolio of complex and high-profile programs.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of scrum teams on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
- Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of team’s deliverables.
- Enforce consistency and standardize processes across the team and the broader project management organization.
- Responsible for management of programs, conduct health checks, and use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and address escalated impediments.
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
- Coaching for a high degree of performance and creating a culture of achievement.
- Drive coordination and results with business and technology sponsors in developing product roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts among programs / projects across the portfolio. Raise issues and risks and drive resolution or mitigation.
- Ensure that all programs and projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project portfolio progress and financial status.
15+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or with an MBA
- Bachelors or Masters degree with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
- Expertise in program / portfolio management with financial and budget management experience in a product delivery environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of SAFe/Lean principles and practices
- Excellent ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of product development and expertise in SDLC practices.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills in a global environment with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills for effective communication with multiple organizational levels including C-level executives.
- Strong leadership, enthusiasm, and accountability with high attention to detail and quality for all work products.
- Entrepreneurial and flexible, strategic thinker who can balance strategy with detailed, flawless execution.
- Expert in the use of program and business management tools.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is strongly preferred. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC), and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications also preferred. Certifications must be current and in good standing.
- Financial services and payments network experience is a plus. Knowledge of Visa's financial practices and technology processes is a plus but not required.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
No Travel required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.