Senior Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that allows clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate money movement between Cards, Bank Accounts and Wallets around the world using faster payments technology. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $65 Trillion of payment volume globally and represent a fast-growing PV and revenue opportunity for Visa.
You will lead commercialization and go to market strategy that includes market research, analyzing competitors, building value prop, developing pricing, prospecting pilot clients, signing deals, and launching programs. You will drive these activities by collaborating across Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Legal teams, as well as external technology companies and financial institutions. This role will be expected to develop both short- and long-term commercialization strategies, while influencing senior leadership across the company to implement and execute..
We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world. So we’re looking for someone who is passionate about payments and product, inquisitive, driven, and enjoys solving complex business problems using his/her strong analytical skills.
This role reports to the Senior Director Visa Direct Global Commercialization.
- Work with regional product owners and cross-functional teams to develop market opportunity sizing, competitive analysis, benchmarking and pricing for Visa Direct products and value added services.
- Define and drive high-profile, cross functional strategies and create detailed account plans that will achieve Visa’s scorecard goals, address customer needs, and meet contractual commitment
- Support strategic initiatives such as the commercialization of new go-to-market approach to accelerate Visa’s growth and drive revenue in enabler partnerships
- Manage, grow and renew existing commercial agreements: develop proposals and client pitches and negotiate new agreements to enhance existing relationships as well as to drive incremental Visa revenues
- Support day-to-day relationship management of select strategic partner(s) (e.g. Adyen, Worldpay), expanding Visa’s reach with the partner across functional groups
- Build and maintain competitive business landscape knowledge, to provide foundational context for Visa Direct growth initiatives through a deep understanding of RTP schemes, payment platforms, Fintechs and evolving industry trends
- Communicate and build support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization.
- Manage projects end-to-end by developing solid action plans and partnering with Research, Design, Marketing, Comms and Sales teams to execute and deliver compelling research, UI/UX prototypes, white-papers, pitch decks and playbooks.
- Collaborate with client engagement teams to capture client needs and trends to inform Global Commercialization roadmap and share best practices with clients and partners.
- Partner with the analytics lead to help with data analysis, development of data-driven insights to inform the product and solution roadmap.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Prior product management, consulting, payments, ecommerce or corporate strategy experience is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills with client-facing or sales operations experience
- Strong persuasion skills with the ability to influence and drive consensus across multiple partners
- Analytical ability with high attention to detail and critical thinking
- Financial modeling skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated creative problem solving with ability to collaborate and build consensus cross-functionally
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Payments or financial services industry experience preferred
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Ability to influence and work within a matrixed environment
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.