Cybersecurity Operations Analyst, Applied Cryptography
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a Cybersecurity (Operations) Analyst in the Applied Cryptography team who will assist in implementation, maintenance, documenting and support of Visa's Encryption Services, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and implemented key management systems and Host Security Modules (HSM) support. This opportunity will provide ongoing training and growth for the incumbent who desires to continually learn and improve.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of all Enterprise Encryption Services protecting Data at Rest, Data in flight, and Transaction Data.
- Partner with senior members to evaluate upgrades and new products & technologies for the enterprise encryption solutions
- Proactively identify and recommend process improvement to reduce risk and improve operational efficiency and present complex security subjects to internal work groups and projects
- Document design, installation, and Operations & Maintenance guides
- Assist in audit and compliance related documentations
- Assist and maintain internal inventory of assets
- Implement changes and support end-to-end Visa PKI infrastructure. Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot encryption for PKI and HSM data protection systems in accordance with standard procedures and change control policies and procedures
- Support Certificate Management requests as per pre-defined set of procedures and within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA). Resolve problem tickets and assist other staff members as needed
- Monitor and troubleshoot PKI & HSM infrastructure services for problem and failures, providing support and resolutions.
- Support Data Encryption Deployment and Applied Cryptography HSM & Key Management teams
- Provide onsite support of encryption technologies such as general purpose and payment HSMs.
- Support and facilitate the Global Key Custodian Program, PKI Vetter program
- Maintain security and technical certifications
- Work with multiple security protocols.
- Work with the FIPS 140-2 level 2+ certified Hardware Security Modules, Key Management systems.
- Work with multiple database protection functionalities including Native and Transparent Data Encryption as well as operating systems and file systems
- 2-4 years of Cyber work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study.
- Be a flexible, self-motivated and results-oriented team player with an attention to meeting tight project timelines and schedules.
- The ability to build relationships to collaborate effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Familiar with wide range of key management systems, certificate automation solutions, operating systems, security protocols and native and transparent database protection functionalities.
- Cloud security data protection experience
- Understanding and experience with the cryptography fundamentals
- Authorization to work in the U.S.; our preference is not to sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends (will be part of an on-call rotation)
- Visa will not provide relocation assistance in connection with this position.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time when it is safe to do so.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.