Director – Risk Advisory - Standards and Innovation
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. is seeking a strong and energetic director with a positive attitude to provide risk advisory and consultation on industry standards and innovation. The candidate will represent Visa at industry standards forums like PCI, ANSI, ISO etc. to develop security standards for the payment industry. At the same time, the candidate will provide technical expertise and risk consultation on technology related issues to key stakeholders. Secondary responsibilities include keeping abreast of innovations in the industry like AI, Cryptocurrency, IOT etc. and provide assessment and position on their impact to Visa and the payment system.
- Driving Visa strategy on the management of various industry security standards (PCI, ANSI and ISO) by representing Visa at the various standard bodies on these documents, consolidating Visa’s position on these efforts.
- Identifying and analyzing emerging data security risks and trends and providing recommendations for policy and procedure changes to Visa’s data security compliance programs as necessary.
- Developing materials, best practices, standards, policies and procedures for issues related to emerging technologies affecting the payment ecosystem as necessary to support global clients in the adoption and implementation of Visa products.
- Lead industry and companywide initiatives in support of meeting PCI requirements and industry mandates.
- As a subject matter expert for the various standards, be a valued partner to the Visa product teams in the ideation, development and deployment of Visa products by providing advisory service and helping them understand the implication of these various standards.
- Product technology risk assessment of new industry innovation, new Visa products and solutions, third party solution deployments etc. as necessary in collaboration with other technical subject matter experts in Visa.
- Stay abreast of product innovations and new technologies in the payment industry.
10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong leadership, communication skills and experience a must
- Direct experience in executing data security programs or security consulting, preferably related to information security consultancy.
- Degree in computer science or information security required.
- Demonstrated aptitude to think creatively to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems.
- Capable of clearly articulating a technical position on a topic and canvasing support from technical peers on the merits of that position.
- 10 years experience in information security, risk management, data security compliance, payments and/or acquirer/issuer fraud reduction programs.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative; able to operate effectively as a team player.
- Excellent time management skills are required with ability to pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work domestically 0 - 10% of the time, when safe to do so.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered