- Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role will support day-to-day payroll work and executing strategic projects of the department, drive process efficiencies and assist in integration projects related to the company acquisitions and global initiatives. The role will have frequent and regular interactions with cross-functional departments and senior management throughout the company. This role will assist with initiatives to streamline payroll processes, policies, and controls, which include the following:
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll delivery and legislative compliance to local labor laws and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, employee benefits, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability
- Ensure queries are attended and clarified from the HR mailbox and closing HR tickets within stipulated timeline.
- Ensure all payroll related data are handled in accordance to the company’s guideline for confidential data handing process
- Confirm general ledger accuracy and mapping for all pay elements.
- Apply strategic thinking to eliminate manual processes and reduce overall processing time.
- Produce analytics to improve overall efficiency.
- Process end to end payroll processes for each payroll you support which includes HR interfaces, equity and mobility updates, overtime and retro payments, batch verifications, gross-to-net checks, check printing, bank interfaces and 3rd party benefit updates
- Full system testing for version upgrades and legislative updates
- Develops, maintains, updates, and communicates organization-wide payroll policies and processes regarding earnings, deductions, time keeping as well as government compliance reporting
- Partner with the Global HR Operations teams & other internal customers to ensure effective processes and issue resolution
- Assist with internal and external Payroll audits
- Assist with acquisitions by working with Human Resources and Business leads to facilitate change/integration
- Participate in payroll projects or change requests to improve the current processes and communication and payroll process flow.
- Strong customer-focus, results orientation, attention to detail
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field or equivalent experience of 5 or more years of payroll experience as an analyst, with experience on metrics reporting, process improvement and project management.
- Has above average and updated knowledge in local labor laws and statutory surrounding Philippines payroll and timekeeping.
- Able to maintain good working relationship with payroll vendor and stakeholders
- Has experienced handling different payroll and timekeeping system
- Good in verbal and written communication skills with customer service and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Meticulous with strong analytical, organization and planning skills, extreme attention to detail and a self-directed individual
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple projects to timely completion, and manage many detailed tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, hands-on, growth-oriented work environment with tight timeline.