Sr. Software Engineer (QA+Automation+DevOps)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Risk and Authentication group is an ideal place for you!
The Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced QA/Automation engineer along with DevOps skills who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience with highest of quality.
The role involves extensive hands-on activities. Here are the essential functions
QA+ Automation + DevOps
Visa's Payment Security & Identity team is looking for curious, creative, and talented technologists to join our team.
Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test suites working across technologies.
Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
Experience developing test automation tools and frameworks (Java/Python Selenium, Robot Framework, Groovy (good to have knowledge))
Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation.
Experience with software development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ, Jira, Git)
Experience with Performance Testing Tools Performance Center and JMeter.
Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
Hands on in Web services automation using Rest
Expertise in database testing including designing and creating/manipulating test data.
Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions.
Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Liaise with internal business and IT groups (such as database administration, infrastructure support, development) in performing support activities, system configuration and standard functionality analysis for enhancement requests.
Provide support to strategic initiatives assigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing of applications and process enhancements, upgrades and new solutions, ensuring sound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role.
Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements and training needs both for applications usage by customers as well as for internal processes and skills enhancement.
Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally. Passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
Lead meetings and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, a good team player.
Owning the project deliverables end to end.
Taking active part in architecture and design discussion.
Design and build continuous integration and delivery automation
Provide guidance on automation strategies to subject matter experts on multiple teams
- 2+ years of work experience
- Hands-on coding experience with any of the following : GoLang, Java, C/C++ and familiarity with NoSQL databases, messaging systems, unix/linux environments and experience in scripting
- Experience in testing distributed and highly available systems
- Hands-on experience in testing and building automation suites for complex applications and preparing test plans
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD, TestNG, JIRA, Git/Stash
- Experience of testing internationalization/localized UI applications (i18n)
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies and exposure to Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high-performance organization
- Proactive, willing to take ownership, ability to quickly learn new technologies and take up new tasks and initiatives
- Should have excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in influencing, listening actively and negotiating within a team environment
- Broad experience of working in a variety of Agile environments of different maturities.
- Exposure to large scale Agile delivery across multiple teams and geographies and the recognition that this is sometime achieved best with flexible working
- Experience in the use of at least one tool for managing agile delivery (training and support with use of JIRA and Confluence available)
- Positive attitude, friendly to others, encouraging of co-operation, honesty and respectfulness in the workplace
- Understanding of Software development processes and procedures
- Collaborative mindset, with an ability to empathise with colleagues and establish relationships
- Understanding of change management and release processes
Nice to have :
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- Experience in testing high frequency transactions
- Knowledge of Payment Processing systems,
- Knowledge of GoLang, REST and gRpc services
- Knowledge of Kafka, MW messaging
- Exposure to MicroServices based architecture
- Exposure to Accessibility testing
- Experience with provisioning systems such as SaltStack (preferred), Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Experience with continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major IaaS providers
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.