Lead DevOps Engineer
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Public Cloud DevOps Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
In order for Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the IAAS Systems and Storage & Engineering (ISSE) team – a part of the Operations & Infrastructure organisation – must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
If you're passionate about and experienced with cloud and containerisation, you can be part of ISSE Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Team, which is responsible for the private and public cloud environment and associated infrastructure management solutions at Visa, specifically in designing and deploying multi-vendor public cloud hosting and Kubernetes based container platforms. Your main focus will be on AWS, GCP and Azure, IaC and pipelines. As part of this self-driven team, you will have total ownership of the solutions we provide for our customers making availability, performance, security, and reliability critical to our success. We need to do this all at global scale, as well, so continual, iterative improvements in our process, technology, tools, and automation will be essential to allowing us to meet those goals as well as focus on the things that add value for our players.
The ideal candidate is a technology savvy with deep knowledge of AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform, Ansible and CI/CD process. Candidate should have familiarity with Opensource projects such as Terraform, Packer.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Design and implement agile innovative infrastructure solutions/infrastructure management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
- Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effective manage public cloud implementation, ensure reliability, elasticity and security.
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the public cloud / hybrid cloud ecosystem, establish and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration. Identify and implement standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure management solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices
What we’re after…
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent working experience
- Extensive experience as DevOps engineer working on automating infrastructure tasks.
- Experience in the cloud, and in containers with focused on DevOps and service-based systems engineering
- Extensive experience automating system tasks and infrastructure using a scripting language (Golang or Python), with configuration management tools (Ansible), service registry and discovery tools, infrastructure orchestration tools (Ansible, and Terraform), and automated imaging tools (Packer)
- Experience in automating at least one public cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems (Sysdig, Prometheus, Grafana), log aggregation systems (ELK, Splunk, Fluentd), and their agents.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, GitLab, ArgoProj, Codefresh)
- Able to understand the security tools and best practices: CIS Benchmarking, OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Experience performing full stack load testing in order to identify and address network, system, or application bottlenecks
- Networking experience both within Linux and with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.