VCAS Sales Manager (CEMEA)
- Johannesburg, South Africa
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consumer Authentication service (VCAS) is a data-driven hosted Access Control Server (ACS) solution designed to support an issuer’s 3-D Secure authentication strategies. Its risk-based authentication capabilities work behind the scenes to evaluate each transaction based on shared data to reduce checkout friction, while providing greater levels of security.
Cardinal Consumer Authentication (CCA) is a rules-based authentication solution that gives merchants the ability to create customized, adjustable rules, from hundreds of different, enhanced data fields, that will determine whether a transaction is being conducted by a legitimate consumer or a fraudster.
The VCAS Sales Manager will report into the CEMEA Products lead for VCAS, the role will be responsible to manage sales acceleration for VCAS in our high priority markets within CEMEA. The candidate filling this role will be a key team member of the CEMEA digital solutions team.
The role will be responsible for leading sales with our clients and partners ensuring breakout growth for VCAS in these markets. A consultative sales approach will be important to understand client needs and deliver an overall solution that adds value to their business. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive and proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot and adjust as new information and lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with financial institution, Cards Business, technology experts, fraud risk and others to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives. Managing internal stakeholder demand will be complex and require a considered pipeline priotization approach, focusing on key markets and opportunities to achieve the stretch sales targets.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for VCAS in the region
- Achieve annual sales goals for Sales of Visa consumer Authentication (VCAS), in partnership with Account Executives
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contracting
- Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation and prospecting program and ensure good response to new leads coming in
Work with cross functional partners in the country to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Partner with VCAS Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy and ensure we have the right value proposition and product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent and help accelerate the learning and sales process
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling and incentive deal review structure and approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa and our clients
- Work with Cardinal teams and Visa Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation and ensure well-run projects
Drive key workstreams for VCAS growth
- Lead prospecting to new clients to find the right contacts and build relationships, and sell where a good fit exists
- Identify opportunities to work with issuer and their Account Executives to cross-sell VCAS advisory solution where feasible
- Identify and sell to processors/Fintechs to have them add VCAS to their portfolio of offering to their clients
- Lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their VCAS offering
Drive pipeline development and pipeline review process in the regions
- Lead regular pipeline review and problem-solving sessions with the product teams and help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Deploy an effective pipeline management process that provides full visibility across, sales, products, implementation, and support functions.
- Support the VCAS product lead in the monthly pipeline consolidation process
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- 10+ years of industry related and sales experience, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way to influence and drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Preferred knowledge or experience on Authentication methods,3DS/EMV 3DS, Data and Risk solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.