Sr. SW Test Engineer (Automation Linux & Java)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
The Sr. Software Test Engineer will be part of Network Processing Platform & Reliability Test Engineering team will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Gateway Services applications (Visa Message Gateway, Extended Access, Visa File Gateway) or Vital Signs Monitoring Tool which are critical applications that control and monitor transaction flow between endpoints and VisaNet Integrated Payment (V.I.P.) system. You will work with the Gateway Services Development and other peer Test Engineering organizations to ensure high levels of software quality and seamless code releases.
- Work with the team in developing testing strategy for the project and determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests
- Create manual test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Develop and enhance automated test frameworks and test cases for the different types of tests employed
- Execute and report on the full testing suite of both manual and automated tests
- Work with Development and other relevant teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and software issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Hands-on testing on Linux and Windows platform
- Work effectively with test lead and test engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience in automation testing services with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD in computer science or related field.
- 5 or more years of work experience in automation testing services with a Bachelor’s Degree or 3 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in computer science or related field.
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Scripting experience on Linux (e.g. shell, python)
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Experience on using software tools such as Selenium, Junit. TestNG, Cucumber, Git, Jira and Maven
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web technology (Jetty, Apache) and network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP) desired
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.