Data Science - career opportunities in Visa, Ukraine
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Please note: the purpose of this post is to get connected with Data Scientists who may be potentially interested in careers in Visa.
We are happy to get in touch experienced Data Scientist in order to share more insights about the team/projects and proceed to further steps when new positions are available.
DS team is growing significantly, don't hesitate to apply now!
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is looking for an individual to join our data science team and play a role developing high impact projects and data products for Visa. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data based insights. Adept at creative and critical thinking, they are able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions.
As Sr. Data Scientist you will be accountable for leading the design, development and implementation of analytics driven strategies and solutions. In this role you will partner with Visa Consulting & Analytics, Business, Finance and Technology teams across the organization to implement solutions to drive business performance.
Data Science team within Visa
Data Science is responsible for blueprinting and delivering projects with the appropriate analytic methodologies and techniques to solve client’s business objectives. The team closely collaborates with other analytic stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to clients. Responsibilities include delivering projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation. These analyses are foundational to corroborate or refute stated hypotheses and are incorporated in the final client-facing solutions. The team is responsible for continuously creating and protecting analytic IP resulting
from project learning.
Typical responsibilities of Sr. Data Scientist in Visa
Global Data Science team is the engine of analytics at Visa; this is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving the Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa geographies.
Visa DS is looking for a hands-on Sr. Data Scientist, a person that earns trust and respect of the team. Sr. Data Scientist must be results oriented, highly organized, and must, must be focused on delivering innovative analytics work.
1. Conducting transaction data analysis with Hadoop/Cloud and big data technologies for internal and external clients and stakeholders, and develop deeper insights into the products using advanced statistical and machine learning methods
2. Finding opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build streamlined solutions for internal and external Visa clients
3. Performing impact estimation of key strategic and marketing Visa activities using analytics techniques
4. Promoting usage of BI self-service tools in Kyiv office
5. Creating user-friendly dashboards and presentations
6. Building predictive models using advanced machine learning techniques; interpret and present modeling and analytical results to non-technical audience
7. Collaborating with the Visa Consulting team and other requestors to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
8. Defining detailed analytic scope and methodology, and creating analytic plan
9. Executing on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining and analytic techniques
10. Performing QA on data and deliverables by analysts and own deliverables
11. Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and all projects are reviewed per analytic plan
12. Ensuring project delivery within timelines
13. Building on team’s analytical skills and business knowledge
14. Enhancing existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
15. Providing subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex data driven analytic projects
- Proficiency with modeling software; experience with Python, Hadoop, Hive, Impala or similar instruments; Practical experience in building and applying machine learning models (regression, clustering, classification: gradient boosting, random forests, linear models, deep learning etc.); understanding in how do these algorithms work and end-to-end development skills from business understanding and data preparation to quality assurance of ML models
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems (experience in payments and/or consumer banking and/or commercial banking and/or FMCG retail and/or consulting and/or heavy industry.
- Strong in defining and designing analytic approaches to business problems, strong in decomposing heavy business problems into structured and time predictable analytical tasks;
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English (upper intermediate plus), Ukrainian/Russian fluent speaker.
At least 2 out of 3
- Degree (masters or PhD would be an advantage) in quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, operational research, computer science, economics, or engineering or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated resource planning and delivery skills;
- Ensure the usage of the correct analytic measures and metrics to solve the business problem; statistical experiments set up and ability to calculate business impact.