Senior Manager – Voice of Consumer (VoC), Marketing Insights Advisory
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Marketing Measurement & Insights team sits within the Marketing function of Visa in Asia Pacific (AP) with a vision to be an insight-led engine of advisory. The team delivers consumer and market insights, & measurement analytics-based advisory to internal Visa stakeholders, and as a Value-Added Service (VAS) to our clients & partners.
What a Sr Manager – VoC Insights Advisor does at Visa:
- This Sr Manager role will be based in Singapore and will report to the Head of the Voice of the Consumer (VoC) Insights for AP with dotted line reporting to the Heads of Marketing for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand (SMT) & Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia (IPVMC).
- The successful candidate will operate primarily within the VoC Insights practice area with a focus on expanding the insights based advisory practice as a VAS for Visa’s clients in SEA.
- This role will partner with Visa’s Client Marketing, and Consulting & Analytics teams, to sell our Insights and Measurement capabilities and solutions as a VAS to clients and will lead insights-based, customer-centric conversations internally to support strategic business decisions.
- This role requires you to prospect, scope, execute, & deliver VoC Insights solutions, and in doing so, provide subject matter expertise & thought leadership to Clients, Merchants, & Partners in SEA.
- The role will oversee quality of proposals & outputs of Insights and Measurement projects, beginning with translating business questions into research objectives and assessing if existing assets can be leveraged.
- As part of the project management process, you will devise best research methodology, manage & maintain preferred research vendor list, & identify best vendor at best price.
- Additionally, the role will educate & support clients on the research journey, including translate & showcase actionable research learnings; lead VoC Insights consulting engagements to drive meaningful & measurable improvement to clients’ performance; and deliver incremental VAS revenue & margin to Visa, repeat client engagements, and support the improvement of the Client Net Promotor Score (NPS).
- The position requires you to work in close alignment with the entire Regional Insights and Measurement team to ensure best practices and all available resources are leveraged.
Why this is important to Visa
The Sr Manager plays a vital role in delivering revenue to Visa by offering VoC Insights advisory as a VAS to Visa’s clients and generating insights that support strategic direction and decision making for Visa in SEA (SMT + IPVMC countries).
Projects you will be a part of:
- Develop and sell VoC Insights and thought leadership as a VAS for clients in partnership with Client Marketing and Consulting & Analytics teams; including developing sales materials, sharing sessions, training, developing new capabilities, etc.
- Advise Visa internal stakeholders by generating and reporting insights that support strategic direction and decision making for Visa in SEA
- Build working relationships with key stakeholders in SEA, with the AP Hub & the Global Insights & Analytics team.
What you will need:
The incumbent should be an expert in consumer market research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, including experience in analyzing and reporting insights with great story-telling capabilities. They should be able to develop, communicate and sell VoC Insights capabilities, reports, and thought leadership as a VAS to clients:
- Relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution in Marketing, Market Research, Economics or related field required; preferably with studies in psychology, sociology, anthropology
- 10 years of experience in a global or multi-national business strongly preferred, including time in consumer research agencies and VoC insights roles; preferably agency experience servicing clients
- Capable of analyzing & synthesizing qualitative & quantitative information with excellent storytelling, presentation, verbal & written communication skills
- Very strong commercial acumen as well as sales instinct
- Experience working in cross functional teams and in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent client-facing communication and presentation skills, ideally from a sales or consulting background
- Must be organized, proactive, curious and solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value
- Active team player & contributor with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proficient in SPSS (or equivalent data mining tool) and MS applications including Excel and Power Point
- Proficiency in English as well as other SEA languages highly valued (Tagalog, Thai, Bahasa, Vietnamese, etc.) in order to service clients within these markets
Visa looks at each and every team member as a leader that exemplifies specific leadership qualities; some critical leadership principles needed for this role:
- We act decisively by responding quickly and effectively to changing needs; being a self-starter & entrepreneurial, proactively managing deliverables and expectations
- We communicate openly, honestly and respectfully by building relationships across local, regional and global lines – ensuring opinions are heard
- We excel with partners by building consensus and influencing a broad set of constituencies
- We enable & inspire by actively promoting an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought
What will also help:
- Post graduate or MBA degree
- Marketing sciences or analytics experience with SEM, cluster analysis, conjoint/discreet choice, regression analysis, etc.
- Develop, package, and communicate marketing best practices based on marketing performance and brand health
- Broad understanding/experience in payment cards & financial services is a plus
- Proven ability to work in dynamic matrixed organizational environment and operate effectively under ambiguity
- Able to engage, influence and build credibility with management and key stakeholders
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.