Sr. Consultant, Payment Processing Cybersecurity
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Drive the coordinated management of all Security findings and exceptions for the Network Processing division, facilitate triaging, and ensure that either remediations occur or exceptions are filed, prior to their Required Remediation Date (RRD).
- Assist remediation planning, governance, and risk treatment activities for the Network Processing team as required, with a focus to reduce the overall number of Security findings, exceptions, and the duration to remediate.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Cybersecurity and Risk teams, and our Network Processing development teams to retain upward driven security goals and objectives, and to coordinate communications and actions to drive closure of Security findings. Enable cross-team communications with our developers, Security Architects, PEN Testers, Security Assessors, Risk and Governance teams, etc.
- Promote and support CyberSecurity as an enabler of Network Processing’s core business processes, educating the teams on Security findings, vulnerabilities, remediation, systems, processes, security programs, etc.
- Contribute to "best practice" findings, checklists, templates, development methods, testing methods, techniques to support and advance a "best of breed" Security conscientious program.
- Prescribe security improvements for Network Processing's environments to resolve or mitigate Security findings or otherwise enhance security posture to achieve compliance with all security initiatives.
- Monitor and communicate the overall health of the Security program within Network Processing - the status, risks, issues and dependencies. Resolve roadblocks to enable successful remediation.
- Help define and capture development and delivery of security metrics (e.g., dashboards, reports) which consolidate all finding sources and data.
- Respond to urgent security-related issues at any time, and escalate them as required.
- Oversight of selective audits underway within Network Processing – tracking outstanding requests, reporting on overall status, and working with the various internal and external audit teams with a target to deliver all document requests on time and achieve zero audit findings.
- Oversight of selective Compliance, Risk, Governance, Recovery, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) gaps within Network Processing – tracking and reporting on gaps and progress, and working with the various internal teams to remediate.
- Build an extensive network of positive relationships throughout Visa and its technology organizations to be leveraged to accomplish the broad requirements of this position.
8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong ability to lead, coordinate, and motivate multi-disciplinary teams across organizational boundaries, in a fast-paced, change intensive environment.
- Very good knowledge of project management processes and tools, with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to quickly comprehend complex problems, draw logical conclusions, make sound decisions, develop solutions, and negotiate and respond accordingly to drive closure of complex challenges.
- Proven history of being a self-starter by proactively identifying problems, determining pragmatic solutions, identifying and obtaining needed resources, and executing with little or no supervision.
- Articulate communicator, demonstrating mastery of both spoken and written English, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with Senior and Executive management.
- Strong technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information or CyberSecurity, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 6+ years of IT experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing multiple moderately-sized projects concurrently, from start to finish.
- Technical IT Security or Software Development experience is desired.
- Professional experience within financial services, banking, or critical infrastructure organizations.
- Mature understanding of Information or CyberSecurity “best practices” including principles, security protocols and standards.
- Understanding of common Cyber Threat terminology, vulnerability and penetration test methodologies.
- Advanced Project Management or Information Security certifications.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.