As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Infrastructure Operability Tool team prides itself in keeping Visa systems up and secure, catering to the 24*7 needs of the business. As a Director of Infrastructure Reliability Engineering, you will provide hands-on leadership to the team to execute this mission, by hiring and building a world-class team of engineers, defining, executing and delivering functional and non-functional features at scale quickly and promoting a culture of cross-functional collaboration and engineering excellence. This position is based in Singapore and will report to the Senior Director of Infrastructure Operability Tool
- Lead a team of 7 to 15 members made up of both full-time employees and contractors.
- Deliver the product despite complex technical interdependencies with cross geographical teams.
- Provide technical leadership to development team by participating in design, performing design reviews and code reviews.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence (quality, security, performance, scalability, availability, resilience etc.)
- Partner with peer leadership in developing a strategy and roadmap that align with business goals.
- Partner with remote teams to ensure alignment across automation development.
- Manage the prioritizations and delivery of enhancements and bug fixes on platform.
- Provide oversight for managed services work happening in your area.
- Ensure the process for incident management, change management and problem management are followed.
- Hire, retain and grow a high-performing team of software engineers.
- Invest in the career development of direct reports
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)Expertise in one or more configuration management tool: Chef or Ansible/Puppet/Bladelogic Server automation/ SCCM for managing medium & large environments (must have)
- Good Understanding of Software Defined Operations (SDO)
- Experience building microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Proven experience delivering highly scalable and available production systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication/articulation skills.
- Strong business acumen, ability to grasp big picture and explain to team in simple terms.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Deep understanding of Automation concepts.
- Strong technical and leadership skill.
- Ability to manage multiple competing top priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Improve the efficiency by continual improvement in current processes with key goals to standardize, simplify, automate, and commoditize
- Individual should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Sound planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management, coordination, presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines / MTTR(mean time to resolve) and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.