Sr. SW Test Engineer - 3DS Client Testing
- Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance only in the most complex situations. The role will analyze and troubleshoot user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems under broadly defined practices and procedures, including working with developers in analyzing and developing process improvements for system administration/environmental build function.
The Issuer Processing Client Test team is part of Visa's Global Client Services group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world.
The Senior Software Test Engineer of the Global Client Testing (GCT) team reports into Visa's Global Client Services group.
The Global Client Testing (GCT) team is responsible for ensuring compliance of clients’ transaction processing software/hardware to VISA’s technical requirements. Before activation of a Visa project or service, the GCT team carry out tests with clients to ensure the integrity of transaction processing through VisaNet and DPS.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing tests, validations and certifications of transaction processing for the Global Client Testing (GCT) organization. He/she will perform Functional and Regression testing for Test Transaction Processing Environments and simulators. The candidate will need detailed analytical skills and a good understanding of the test methodologies to be able to interface directly and take decisions with staff members of GCT, Product Management, Project Management, Client Implementations and Development.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology-related field.
- Quality Assurance testing experience.
- Have specialized skills (core systems, interchange, chip for example) that allow candidate to provide effective consultative support to clients on projects.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure environment with minimal errors.
- Demonstrated good analytical skills.
- EFT industry and direct Visa experience is a plus.
- Amenable to work in different shifts mid and GY
- Knowledge in e-Commerce transaction processing, 3DS, Visa Secure
- Familiar with ISO 8583 messages and flow.
- Knowledge in Chip payment solutions (EMV).
- Experience in IBM/MVS, Tandem.
- Familiar with VTS-VIP, Edit Package.
- Understanding of Visa’s Operating Regulations a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in performing causal analysis to identify changes to improve processing performance and/or client profitability.
- Proficient in managing and presenting ideas and data using desktop tools such as MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Accepts input and guidance.
- Responsible for testing, validating, certifying, documentation, and support of systems application and solutions.
- Supports client testing tasks across key systems (VIP and/or BASE II/VSS and/or DPS, VSTS), ensuring error-free implementations.
- Prioritize testing tasks and other workload in order to meet agreed timeframes.
- Reviews all plans to ensure testing is being executed in an efficient manner.
- Respond to technical queries received from clients and internal departments.
- Follow documented procedures and processes, resolving discrepancies found and suggesting improvements.
- Proactively identifies and addresses issues with support from management and proposes design/technical solutions.
- Supports Chip testing on cards and terminals.
- Supports business suite of applications and tools – Test Transaction Processing Environments and simulators.
- Develops test plans, designs and test cases as appropriate. Identify test dependencies, environment and data requirements.
- Interact effectively will all levels of Visa management and staff. This position will involve frequent interaction and communication with key Visa stakeholders, including merchants and vendors.
- Actively contribute to the effectiveness of the team by supporting and co-operating with colleagues based across various Visa regions, providing cover during periods of absence.