Sr. Manager, Business Development
- Guatemala City, Guatemala
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The person will be the primary account relationship manager for assigned clients in Guatemala, coordinating support from multiple teams, products and services as well as brand orientation.
The overarching relationship with the Client is their responsibility as well as coordinating and providing consultative support on strategies with other teams, merchants, non FI´s, digital partners and other internal and external stakeholders. The role will be responsible for the execution of the Guatemala Sales business plan in coordination with the LAC and Global hierarchy and corresponding strategies. The position will be based in Guatemala.
- Lead the development and implementation of Sales Strategies for the assigned accounts
- Lead and collaborate with internal teams that collect and analyze market data in order to identify business development opportunities in line with account plans, proposing adjustments as market conditions evolve
- Managing relationships that seek to add value to strategic Clients through the development and implementation of initiatives that increase revenues and use of Visa products and solutions while measuring and monitoring the results of these activities
- Develop alliances to achieve brand preference including initiatives related to risk, Network, product, operations, marketing and technology.
- Influence, lead and collaborate with Visa’s different support areas in order to identify products and solutions that promote strategic missions, as well as best practices that maximize overall brand quality and strength
- Lead investment and budget management decisions and responsibilities to ensure implementation of plans is done in a timely basis and within available resources
- Utilize consultative and interactive sales strategies that support the client’s business objectives and maximize the performance metrics of their payment portfolios
- Lead, develop and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to Regional Management for approval
- Identify new business opportunities, analyzing Client profiles, product profiles and overall execution strategy
- Work with clients to maximize growth and profitability by coordinating resources to support decisions affecting the development of target market strategies, product development, product mix, risk mitigation and marketing
- Evaluate competitive actions with respect to assigned clients and recommend appropriate action
- Coordinate Marketing team actions to strengthen the brand in applicable markets
- Increase the participation of Visa in the payment business
- Monitor, develop responses and execute based on competitors’ activities, mergers and acquisitions
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master´s degree highly desirable
- 6 to 8 years of professional experience in sales and account management in the financial services industry or retail industry
- Knowledge of Latin America and Caribbean Region
- Good knowledge base of the payment industry
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Bilingual English and Spanish (proficient verbal and written)
- Excellent sales, account management, presentation and strategic planning skills
- Leadership skills and sound business judgment
- Analytical skills (ability to identify tendencies, forecasts etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to interact with several teams simultaneously)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detailed and numbers oriented
- Candidate must have the ability to travel
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law