Sr Systems Analyst
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Responsible for providing production support and automation for extract, transform, load (ETL) applications that run large distributed batch processing involving petabytes of data in Hadoop Eco System
- Deliver research requests and participating in 24x7 on-call support
- Monitor processing, and ensuring timely execution, delivery, and availability
- Detect technical issues, perform root cause analysis, and identify permanent solutions to fix problems as needed
- Set audits and alerts to detect problems, and facilitate maintenance activities
- Plan and execute changes as per instructions, and strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines relating to change, incident, and problem management
- Run problem bridges by collaborating with others from different functional and technical areas and escalating as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps and providing technical guidance to team members as needed
- Provide updates and contribute to the team’s knowledge repository
- Engage in knowledge transition as well as research and analysis activities to find solutions to various business and technical problems
- Evaluate alternative methods, and present recommendations and justifications to management
- Identify improvement opportunities, and build Automation as well as engaging in performance tuning and data fixing activities
- Participate in and making recommendations to capacity planning activities
- Analyze code, understand business rules, and trace data, while following the process flow to investigate data-related issues
- Perform exports, backups, and data extracts as required from different environments
- Responsible for Data Fixes, Code Hot fixes
- Responsible for Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
Job holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a relevant degree in engineering or science is required
- Level 2 production support role.
- Experience with application support organization working in 24*7 environments.
- Good communication skill and ability to work as team player.
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must
- 5+ years of Hand on Experienced in Hadoop Ecosystem (Kafka, Spark, Scala, Hive, PIG)
- Must have Unix Shell scripting or Python knowledge
- Knowledge in Java
- Ability to solve complex production problem and debug code
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe
- Incumbent must be a quick learner to learn new technology, tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver on time with quality
- Must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situation
- Must have strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment
- Java Certification preferred
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.