SW Engineer IV (Java )
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
The passionate individual, a leading software engineer (Software Engineer IV) based in Singapore will be a part of the very talented Visa Installments – Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) engineering team that reports into Digital Developer Platform. The role is responsible for pioneering the design, leading development and driving delivery of innovative solutions to global markets. The role is someone who is deeply passionate about defining scalable designs and delivering quality codes to our BNPL solution in order to drive the largest business value to our customers, driven to solve challenges with the development experience and test cycles, and increasing the technical competency to increase efficacy of the engineering team. The role will provide technical guidance to the engineering team and also be collaborating with geographically diverse partner teams across the organization.
- Be a technical lead to a highly skilled engineering team on designs, through development and onto delivery.
- Function as the technical subject matter expert of Visa Installments.
- Document technical designs for the engineering team, provide technical mentorship to junior engineers to enable their delivery.
- Product innovations and opportunities for improvements in processes for improving engineering productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
- Implement best-fit automation frameworks to drive efficiencies with metrics to measure success.
- Implement effective systematic engineering and test approaches.
- Partner with the engineering leader to deliver technological enhancements for the continuous improvements on availability, reliability and resiliency.
- Collaborate with architect and technology stakeholders across Visa to influence technological decisions.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines with strong fundamentals in software engineering and hands-on experience with coding.
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines with hands-on experience in API or web programming in Java.
- Possesses strong concepts in development best practices, software design principles, object-oriented methodologies and SDLC.
- Possesses analytical skills to understand business requirements and to translate into technical specifications.
- Possesses good articulation, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Possesses good senses of time management, organization and planning skills.
- Loves troubleshooting, and with a keen sight to drill down quickly to the source of an issue.
- Loves a good problem and derive a good solution.
- Is a highly driven and motivated self-starter.
- Highly proficient in Java, Spring Boot, APIs and TDD.
- Solid knowledge of Hadoop, Oracle, SQL, and Search Engine Concept.
- Deep experience with documenting technical designs.
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST).
- Deep experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed applications.
- Inquisitive, methodical, and analytical in testing applications and automation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment.
- Experience in a global matrix organization.
- Ability to quickly understand code and specifications as well as approving and reviewing codes.
- Solid understanding of various Computer Science concepts, such as Automata Theory, Operating Systems, Compilers, Network Programming, Data Structure and Algorithm, and Clean Code principles.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours. Candidate will need to possess a flexible approach - on limited occasions, there may be a need to attend calls/meetings outside of core hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.