Associate accountant, Controllership Russia
- Moscow, Russia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Accounts payable (1C and Ariba/Oracle): Costs allocation, Fixed Assets, Materials and low value assets, prepaids amortization; accruals and GL journals;
- US GAAP monthly/quarterly closing and reconciliations;
- Ensure all incoming invoices/documents are in line with internal payment process and meet tax compliance requirements;
- Revenue files upload to 1C, control of correct postings in 1C, arranging billing documentation for customers;
- Routine communications with colleagues in the hub;
- Other assignments as provided by Management.
- Strong knowledge of Russian Accounting and Tax principals, practical knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong experience of working with different ERP systems (1C, Oracle, Ariba, Hyperion, e-banking systems)
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Knowledge and Experience of controls and Risk management
- Strong knowledge of Excel and other MS office application, admin work related to accounting procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, structured approach to the tasks, ability to work under stress and with big volumes
- Ready to pick up other team members responsibilities during their absence
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently
- 5 + years’ experience in the related roles/responsibilities
- Finance/Accounting degree
- English language - Upper Intermediate