Accounts Payable Accountant Analyst (Invoice processing)
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
KEY RESULT AREAS
· Ensure processing of invoices is in compliance with established key controls
· Provide strong customer service and demonstrate initiative in preventing invoice and payment issues
· Assist, research, and resolve invoice and payment issues with internal employees and external vendors within service level commitments
· Ensure special handling invoices for critical suppliers are processed timely and accurately
· Coordinate with Controllership and Sourcing analysts to increase Ariba adoption
· Interface with Sourcing and Data Maintenance teams to resolve supplier setup issues related to Purchase Orders
· Assist in documentation of the Accounts Payable function; train internal and external customers on policy and procedures
· Ensure Withholding Tax and GST/VAT are properly accounted for and coded correctly, Record Indirect Taxes Appropriately.
· Liaise with business owners and the Tax department on treatment of withholding taxes.
· Assist management with ad hoc projects as necessary for the Finance organization
· Assist with internal audit, walk-through, and SOX documentation
· Partner with cross-functional teams to fully support the Full Service Model in Finance
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure meeting accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, FCPA, SEC and SOX. Accurate accounting of AP transactions – leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors.
- Contribute to an environment focused on controls, ensuring compliance with key operating controls and proper segregation of duties, while meeting stated service levels.
- Adhere to established SLAs, personal and team targets in invoices and amounts processed during the established timespan
- Lead timely research and resolution of invoice and payment issues with internal employees and external vendors
- Operate with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge.
- Effective communication with stakeholders to ensure consistent application of key accounting treatments
- Demonstrate ability to research identify processing or payment gaps, effectively setting expectations with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Drive various projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Non-recurrence of audit issues.
- Timely and effective implementation of assigned projects/duties.
- Promptly monitor and respond to queries sent to the Accounts Payable general mailbox.
- Error-free processing of highly sensitive documents that require precise entry (i.e. Incentive payments and withholding tax reimbursements)
- Degree in Accounting and professional accounting qualification (qualified or part qualified ACA, ACCA CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 4-5 years of AP experience in a multinational services firm environment with additional experience in expense accounting
- Fluent with the Procure to Pay principles and concept
- Familiarity with global payment standards and payment types
- Hands on experience with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC/statutory requirements
- Exposure to cross border payments and knowledge of regional bank standards
- Experience in a multi-currency environment, including FX transactions
- English fluency is required; Knowledge of Russian, Arabic preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- Required systems experience: Ariba Procure to Pay system, Oracle 12 GL, AP, PO, Concur; OBIEE, Primavera, Noetix Data Analytics modules preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access
- Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
- Familiar with CEMEA tax regimes (e.g. CIT, VAT, GST) with an ability to process invoices in view of accounting and tax implications
- Strong business ethics
- Independent and self-motivated - ability to work with little or no direct supervision
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to support team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong commitment to customer service