Sr. Manager - Global Client Readiness - VDP
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. Within the Global Client Services organization, Global Client Readiness is comprised of regionally focused teams of project managers and subject matter experts who enable adoption of new Visa products, services and initiatives while looking after the overall operational health of clients processing through VisaNet. This is an operational manager role responsible for contributing to the development of departmental strategy. This role provides leadership to managers, and/or professional staff. This role is responsible for developing departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
This is a management role responsible for a team who are focused on supporting complex strategic initiatives related to the Visa Developer Platform as the key CS stakeholder representing the division’s needs for successful enablement and launch through this platform. This role serves as a leadership role working directly with the different Technology and Product teams within Visa to ensure the Visa Developer Platform priorities are understood and interpreted into a defined execution and ongoing support plan for Client Services. This role requires strong collaboration, communication and matrix management skills as well as a strong knowledge of API processing.
- Develop strong partnership with Global Product team in order to be recognized as a key contributor to their success
- Maintain a continuous path of global CS communication to provide timely feedback to Product on portal performance and product execution
- Develop necessary documentation to educate Client Services and to ensure they have the needed artifacts to educate and execute the strategy with the clients
- Engage in the development and execution of Product KPI’s ensuring regional alignment
- Identify/Prioritize key product needs, dependencies with regions, define success measures and track status with product
- Ensure the Visa Developer Platform level of support continues to be maintained whether it pertains to the Portal Support, API Specialist needs or Client Onboarding and Operations
- Engage with Product to provide input to design, development, implementation, client engagement and support process with regional feedback and a client lens
- Develop framework for global Client Services resourcing model (where appropriate) gaining regional buy in (i.e. GCT, CCM, Franchise Mgmt, etc.)
- Define and execute global playbook for product enhancement, with processes, appropriate artifacts and standards applicable to all regions
- Engage regularly with regional peers to socialize and educate details of the Product pipeline, define processes and artifacts applicable to all regions and gather feedback to modify the approach with product as necessary
- Support Client Services as an SME for assigned Product/Service
- Serves as primary contact for the Client Service division’s multiple support groups for designated product.
- Provides insight and input to Product and Technology organizations including changes to current products, implementations of new products and the digital releases
- Responsible for team’s workflow assignments and to ensure team takes the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for the development of staff to ensure they reach their highest potential in the current role
Position can be based in our Ashburn, Atlanta or Miami offices.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5 years’ management experience preferred
- Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience providing project management in a technical support or customer service role in the financial services, payment card, and software or information services industries.
- Experience and expertise in implementing and supporting API configurations
- Understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography, including PKI, strong authentication, digital signatures.
- Knowledge of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers.
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills are essential.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions or processes into business language.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage expectations.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures in API processing
- Demonstrated understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to figure out business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.