- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
DPS Forward is a new, API-based solution designed for scaling Fintechs and transforming Financial Institutions. Our focus is to maximize the value we deliver within the ever-changing payments landscape and bring all the global assets under the Visa umbrella to optimize our solutions. Our vision is to enable our clients to focus on innovation, customer experience and differentiating products/services by providing best-in class secure, robust, scalable, and reliable issuer processing product and services. We are building a start-up within a large company, so we are seeking people who want to grow and transform a business.
The Product Manager's primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences with a substantial value propositions across the payments ecosystem. To be successful the individual must maintain a high level of coordination and collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholder teams globally. The ideal person for this role should have a passion for innovation in payments, technology, and product management, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to drive results within a complex environment.
This Product Manager is an individual contributor and will report to the Sr. Director, Product Management and will join a team of Product Managers working together to change the way Visa maximizes value for our clients and stakeholders.
- Work closely with clients, partners, business unit leaders, engineering, architects, user experience and global cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate and refine new issuer processing solutions
- Actively participate in feature refinement sessions to gain understanding of new features and provide input on potential areas of impact
- Refines an assigned feature by collaborating with stakeholders, performing market research and analyzing existing solution to ensure business impacts are identified and are accounted for
- Ensure solutions are extensible to all clients and can serve multiple use cases whenever possible
- Play the role of a Product Owner on agile scrum team and will:
- Bring product vision, customer insights and feedback to the team, setting the business context
- Ensure an agile mindset in the team delivery
- Decompose features into user stories and support development activities
- Actively manage and prioritize team backlog and evaluate changing business/market conditions and impact to priorities
- Communicate status updates in a transparent manner with key stakeholders on a frequent basis
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to effectively build, launch, commercialize and communicate new product features
- Deliver product/feature demos that communicate product value proposition, and features and benefits.
- Own the feature through development lifecycle till client consumption in production
- Appropriately prioritize defects based on impact and provide update to stakeholders on frequent basis
- Serve as an expert in assigned areas of product to all internal and external stakeholders, both in communicating updates and soliciting feedback and new ideas to drive better products
- Supports and communicates an overall product vision to both internal and external stakeholders and how it relates to the achievement of long-term business objectives
- Demonstrate leadership principles by communicating openly, collaborating effectively, enabling, and inspiring others, and excelling with partner
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- 2+ years of experience in technical or business product management
- Highly motivated team member who cultivates effective relationships with different levels of the organization, clients, and partners to accomplish shared business priorities
- Prior experience working within an agile product development environment
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience is preferred but not required
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Solid knowledge of how products are developed from a technical standpoint
- Aptitude to collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable, and scalable payment solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- No relocation will be provided for this position.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Colorado Location ONLY
- The position starts at $85,000.00. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.