Director, Acquirer Solutions - Sales Strategy & Acceleration
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The NA, Director of Acquirer Solutions, Sales Strategy & Acceleration leader will be responsible for driving a scaled and efficient Acquirer/ Partner sales motion and supporting the expansion of Cybersource's Acquirer model in partnership with NA regional sales, delivery, solutions/ product leads. Major focal points will be inclusive of internal & external client acceleration & delivery activities inclusive of driving & supporting the IDDEA sales methodology for Acquirers on Cybersource, driving & developing sales positioning, and analytic tools, and reporting to help improve scale in execution within, and across our NA acquirer partners... In addition, the role will help to advance strategy & commercials to improve deal framing, and support improvements within the delivery & activation motions attached to our Acquirer partner engagements in North America to foster an improved customer experience and help attain regional revenue targets. The ideal candidate will partner closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Sales, Client Delivery, Commercial Ops, Deal Mgt, Partner Sales Enablement, CS Support) to drive to support sales, improve client experience, customer prospect win rates, and shorten time to contract execution and revenue realization.
**This role can be located at any Visa hub location except California**
- Partners with the sales teams to drive acquirer sales engagements, including strategic positioning of Cybersource Acquirer solutions key value prop / messaging to partners and champions positioning of broader Visa/ Cybersource services internally
- Owns internal End to End client engagement strategy in close partnership with Client Delivery, and works cross functionally with multiple teams to streamline acquirer delivery & activation (technical & sales); focusing upon streamlining team delivery interactions with the acquirer to push efficiencies, and foster replication
- Partners with Sales, and Commercial Sales Ops teams to ensure accurate strategic & business planning, forecasting, territory management, and methodology, aligning with the broader Merchant Sales & Solutions strategy
- Partners with Sales, Deal Mgt and Partner Sales Activation teams to drives proper linkage between Acquirer activation success criterion & commercials
- Work closely with Marketing, Solutions, Product and Enablement teams to ensure a ensure a continual improvement of client facing content and sales artifacts
- Drives the continued refinement & delivery of IDDEA sales methodology for acquirer partners on Cybersource in region
- Provides consultative thought leadership to help standardize acquirer workshops & performance measurement/ reporting tools to support the improved partnership with acquirer client meetings with Sales & Account Mgt
- Drives analytic and strategic planning efforts for the NA acquirer region in partnership with Cybersource and Visa Merchant Sales & Acquiring MS & A teams
- Lead strategic efforts & analysis to understand performance & help planning in partnership with Regional Sales teams
- Leads planning efforts to increasing Visa & CYBS share of wallet, strategic framing within acquirer portfolio / specific client engagements.
- Develops acquirer KPI's & reporting views to track and measure performance Lead regional acquirer market sizing, analytic and reporting efforts
- Evolve & refine regional acquirer marketing priorities & messaging in partnership with sales, marketing and client delivery teams
- Works with Commercial Sales Ops to ensure accurate strategic & business planning, forecasting, territory management, and methodology, aligning with the broader Merchant Sales & Solutions strategy
- Provides consultation & thought leadership to drive deal strategy recommendations and influence structures by seeking ways to flex all available commercial levers
- Be a trusted advisor to CyberSource and Visa Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MSA) sales teams for navigating commercial discussions and deal negotiation strategies with prospective clients and existing partners
- Develop and promote best practice documents for the sales teams and key cross-functional stakeholder groups, while maintaining an internal repository for shared enablement resources
- 10 or more years of work experience in payments or related technology/financial services field, with a bachelor's degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- A strong track record of role modelling Visa's Leadership Principles
- A strategic mindset who understands broad market trends and penetration tactics while identifying key insights and developing them into business strategies
- 6 years of experience in financial management and strategic sales operations planning in a B2B high-growth sales environment
- Proven experience navigating and leading change programs across functional teams
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a broad range of stakeholders for e.g. Visa and CyberSource Sales, MS&A, Product & Innovation and support teams to build world-class partnership models for our clients
- Successful track record of building relationships and engaging with colleagues across functions, levels and geographies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as product, operations, and sales
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Interest and intellectual curiosity regarding the global financial system, as well as FinTech and business models
- Desire to grow Visa and CyberSource's revenue with a particular passion for CyberSource's role in the future of commerce and the open commerce ecosystem
- Vision and drive to set direction for commercial go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
- Experience of using Salesforce.com CRM
- Experience of Sales Effectiveness Models
- Strong ability to demonstrate leadership, coordination and project management skills
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.