Sr. Associate Product Management, Visa DPS
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Associate Product Management is part of the Visa DPS product organization responsible for defining industry-leading features and functionality for Visa Debit Processing Service (DPS).
The position is responsible for developing DPS Debit products and services related to Authorization Processing, Back-office, Settlement, and reporting. This role will primarily support product development of payment processing network interfaces including Visa and MasterCard, and all supported unaffiliated networks (Star, Pulse, NYCE, etc.). The ideal person for this role should have a passion for technology product development, a technical acumen, and desire to learn.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of an authorization processing product enhancement including impact analysis, requirements gathering, technical requirements writing, technical designs reviews, prepare and oversee client documentation preparation to ensure accuracy and quality, and engage with internal and external stakeholder on the delivered enhancement(s).
- Work closely with developers on reviewing and refining requirements to ensure developers understand requirements and what success looks like for the payment network enhancement.
- Support reporting of key activities, including progress on requirements gathering and testing.
- Support issue and inquire resolution on existing products and services related to authorization and payment transaction processing
- Willing to learn and develop subject matter expertise take ownership of products and services on the debit processing platform.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline: Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, with organizational skills, and strong decision-making ability
- Ability to analyst complex technical issues and provide direction toward resolution.
- Strong communication skills – listening, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Team orientated with a willingness to learn from co-workers
- Knowledge of the payment industry and authorization processing preferred
- Experience with waterfall project methodology preferred
Minimum salary for this position is $85,000.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.