Sr. Account Manager
- Lehi, UT, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our Payment Management platform enables merchants to accept payments on-line, whether e-commerce or mobile, and increasingly, in face to face environments. We have best in class capabilities that enable us to support merchants from your local neighborhood merchant up to sophisticated, global enterprises and digital masters. We support these merchants across the globe.
This position serves as a key member of the North America Financial Institution & Acquiring Partnerships group with purview over top tier partners under the CyberSource Financial Institutions Channel Sales team. CyberSource, is a part of Visa’s Global Product and Value-Added Services organization and acts as a delivery method and enabler of digital payment solutions for our clients and partners worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate, focused professional to drive engagement and business growth with CyberSource and Authorize.Net’s top tier financial institutions and ISO partnerships. This role, a Partner Account Manager, Sr. Consultant will be charged with growing a portfolio of these top tier partnerships through additional product acceptance, sales trainings, promotions, and other creative means.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision and extensive experience managing high profile strategic partnerships in the payments industry. The candidate must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of CyberSource, Authorize.Net, & Visa Merchant and Acquiring Products and Services. This candidate must be detail oriented and charismatic with the capability of communicating across all levels of an organization. This role will be charged with driving and managing a portfolio of high touch partnerships with some of the top CyberSource and Authorize.Net Acquiring, Financial Institutions and large ISO partnerships. This is revenue carrying role with a revenue quota of $5M-$10M+.
• Manage, deepen the relationship, and help drive increased business with top tier acquirers and financial institutions
• COMPLETE and EXTENSIVE understanding of each managed partner
• Serve as the partner’s primary point of contact and work with partner to develop account plans including goals and objectives
• Evaluate partner trends, provide recommendations to help drive business and revenue growth while continuously adding value by executing the Visa Digital Product strategy
• This includes the ability to be viewed as a strong business leader representing the voice of the partner to ensure right outcomes are achieved
• Work across multiple internal functions to ensure partners needs and expectations are met, includes coordinating closely with Marketing and Product teams to drive partner aligned solutions and priorities
• This includes consulting on and implementing, with the partner, innovative sales campaigns and customized go-to-market approach that aligns with the partner
• Drive channel sales growth by proactively evangelizing products and solutions to partners, including leading key partner initiatives and programs within the sales organization
• Organize and lead sales/product trainings for your partners sales teams
• Present to large groups including both internal and external
• Lead and conduct quarterly business reviews with assigned partners
• At least 5-8 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) managing large complex partnerships within the digital payments industry
• 8-10 years of work experience in the payments space with a Bachelors Degree or 4-6 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• 5+ years’ experience managing large and complex strategic relationships with financial services and/or technology solution providers
• Familiarity with the IDDEA sales methodology is a plus
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
• High energy level, performance oriented, high attention level to details and passionate about partners, acquirers, financial institution partners and technology in the digital commerce space
• Ability to manage and meet or exceed portfolio revenue target
• Lead and conduct sales and product trainings to partner sales teams
• Drive and lead key strategic partner programs with in the sales organization
• Ability to work constructively in a cross-functional, initiative-based structure
• Experience and comfort in engaging with internal and client executive teams
• Ability to engage with technology organization in an effective and collaborative manner
• Deep working knowledge of payment gateway, acquirer/acquirer processing, payment facilitation and/or fraud platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to simplify and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical executives, sales teams and other stakeholders
• Ability to juggle multiple initiatives at once
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Strong executive level communication skills
• Act decisively to solve and escalate issues to proper channels for resolution
• Lead and conduct executive meetings and discussions with partners
• Viewed as mentor to others on the team and organization
• Specific, current knowledge of merchant / acquirer processing, ISO channel and digital payments landscape
• Deep understanding of partner sales channels and the go-to-market mechanics that drive success
• Demonstrated success in growing revenue by meeting or exceeding revenue goal and closing complex contracts
• Strong teamwork skills and excellent collaboration skills with experience influencing work streams across functions
• Results driven, flexible and Self-motivated
• “Client-first” mindset, with significant experience interacting with senior teams within client organizations
• Presentation/speaking experience
• Maintain strong follow up abilities, be capable and skilled at tracking projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and MS Teams
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 15% of the time (domestic and/or international).
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.