VP, NA Large Middle Market (LMM) B2B Sales
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Primary work location is flexible within the US.
The Vice President LMM B2B Sales drives growth and pipeline for our Financial Institutions (FI’s) and Corporates in the B2B space. This position is accountable for the strategy, payment volume and revenue for North America across Large, Middle Market and Public Sector segments in the B2B space. The VP, LMM B2B Sales is responsible for motivating and coaching a team of account executives to drive growth across Visa Business Solutions products and services enabling new payment flows.
As a key member of the Visa Business Solutions North America leadership team, the Vice President LMM B2B Sales plays a critical role in defining strategy for North America and reports into the SVP, Head of North America for Visa Business Solutions (VBS).
The ideal candidate is an experienced senior sales and business development leader with the ability to inspire and motivate teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. He/she must have proven experience in client relationships and developing and leading teams. This role requires strategic leadership, innovation, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills in a highly matrixed environment. He/she will bring prior experience in establishing mutually beneficial partnerships and solution selling, as well as a deep knowledge of B2B payments and related technology. He/she is creative and hands-on, has a bias towards action and inspires others with his/her vision.
- Drive the strategy, pipeline and agenda for the VBS LMM organization including supporting the VBS NA executive team in developing the overall group strategy
- Identify strategic opportunities for VBS capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, demonstrating value to our clients
- Be the face of Visa to our clients and partners, drive thought leadership and vision
- Continuously review market and competitive landscape, identifying opportunities and strategies that will position Visa as the market leader
- Strong focus on execution and deliverables. Proven record of exceeding goals.
- Drive agenda with cross functional teams including Financial Institution Account Executives, finance, legal, product, client services, and strategy to ensure we deliver for our clients and against plan
- Drive the team to develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and sales plans to increase revenue and market share for issuers and partners
- 12 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-20+ years of relevant business development experience, preferably in the B2B payments industry
- Understanding of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets). Experience with network, issuer, processor or accounting software partners
- Experienced solution sales leader with a record of accomplishment for delivering results; must possess the ability to identify the inspired path forward to partner, structure creative financial partnership constructs, and demonstrate success in contract negotiations in an effort to drive a deal to close quickly
- Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude. Experience in managing relationships and cultivating deep, trusted partnerships with clients and partners. Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an engaging way
- Effective leadership and people management skills, with a focus on developing diverse, high performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture that is inquisitive and collaborative
- Natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence. Must be self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and competence to influence across multiple levels and organizations including internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills. Executive presence; and, comfortable presenting with the C-suite
- Superior strategic, problem solving and analytical skills, capable of clearly communicating a vision to his/her team, the company and our clients.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to challenge the status quo and identify new opportunities to innovate and differentiate
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires travel for work up to 35% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.