Sr. Software Test Engineer | ORMB (Oracle Revenue Management and Billing)
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate will work in Client Incentives development team and will focus on manual testing and test automation of the application built on ORMB platform. The ideal candidate will bring in depth experience in testing large volume financial systems and building data and test automation for the same. This role will participate in defining the test planning, test scenario creation, defining test data and creating test data generation scripts (for regression, functional and performance testing), application configurations, system, and data analysis, building test automation (for both User interfaces and batch processes) and perform overall quality assurance to ensure successful delivery of complex business capabilities using ORMB and applications developed using opensource technologies. Candidate must be comfortable to execute tests manually as well as passionate about using technology to build automation to replace manual processes in both testing and other software development lifecycle steps. Additionally, be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs and priorities including production support.
· Develop plans, schedules, metrics, data needs and scenarios for end-to-end integration testing including external testing dependencies (like interfaces and APIs).
· Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing.
· Work with project managers to provide QA estimates, schedule planning and providing status updates
· Log software defects in the Visa standard defect tracking tool (JIRA), do a detailed root cause analysis, fix configuration issues or work with development team for resolution.
· Support agile activities: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective
· Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems and in code reviews with other team members.
· Collaborate with business partners on user acceptance testing including defining the entry and exit criteria, coordinating with infrastructure team to get environments ready, perform data setup and triaging the defects
· Present solutions to key stakeholders and demonstrate working software to leads and management as needed
· Perform walkthrough of QA test results with finance business partners
· Manage test artifacts/deliverables
· Work with the team in identification of opportunities for automated test executions and drive adoption of automated testing and tools through the product/project lifecycle
· Test ORMB solutions and services in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, security, and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems
· Drive collaboration across multiple testing teams to perform end-to-end integration test activities
· Stay abreast of emerging technologies, proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
· Work with limited direction, within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
· Build strong business process knowledge to understand test new features.
· Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree in computer science, software engineering, finance or relevant field required
· 2 to 4 years hands on experience testing and supporting modules in Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB)
· Strong knowledge of database query tools and ORMB/CC&B data model with ability to write and run complex queries in Oracle database for data validation
· Experience working with business to clarify and elaborate the requirements and turning them into comprehensive test scenarios
· Hands on experience in test planning, test scenarios creation, test data creation and executing test cases as well as preparing test data based on the business scenarios and creating tools and scripts to manufacture test data
· Ability to study and understand complex data models and write complex SQLs, preferably with Oracle Database strong
· 2 or more years of work experience with strong domain knowledge in the areas of Billing and Incentives
· Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and project/requirements management tools like JIRA, Riley, TFS
· Strong interest in new automation technology and trends with the ability to relate concepts to practical application
· Ability to build and execute test automation using Java/J2EE, Selenium, Test NG
· Experience with CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tools such as Jenkins
· Experience with static code analysis tools, unit testing, test-driven development, performance testing
· Experience with Angular, MongoDB, JUnits, JMeter, SoapUI, etc.
· Familiarity with web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
· Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
· Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
· Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment
· Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.