Consulting Manager, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. The incumbent will be part of VCA geographic team cluster of Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC) markets, and will be responsible for consulting engagements with Visa's clients in Vietnam. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and data-driven portfolio management decisions.
If you like to use a fact-based, data-driven solutions to solve for business problems that deliver value and enable Vietnam clients to win more business, you should apply.
What a Consulting Manager does at Visa:
The Consulting Manager will be a key member of the Visa Analytics and Consulting (VCA) team in Vietnam. As a Manager, you will undertake consulting engagements for Visa clients in Vietnam, and partner with VCA, Business, and Technology teams across the organization to enable portfolio growth and improved profitability in clients’ payment card business.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Cultivate relationship with Visa’s clients and partners - Issuers, Acquirers, and Merchants & Fintech firms, by being strategically focused, optimize client performance and implement recommendations in the area of customer life cycle management, new product development and launches
- Work cross-functionally with other Visa teams to bring a holistic solution to our clients leveraging Visa’s rich value-added services (VAS) from functions such as Marketing, Products, Risk and Merchant Solutions teams
- Develop propositions by closely working with Client Relationship Managers, promoting the solutions with external clients and, executing and delivering the consulting engagement to clients
- Enable growth and improve profitability across our clients’ payment business through portfolio management and segment expansion
- Deliver consulting revenue stream via the use of Visa Consulting and Analytics service lines and practice area
- Support the IPVMC VCA team in managing strategy, reporting and operations
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialize experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring this expertise closer to our clients by having the Consulting Manager in-market in Vietnam. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise and best practice with local knowledge and understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business.
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- MBA or equivalent education, certifications and/or business background
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local language and culture as well as regulation and industry trends
- 8+ years of experience in retail banking, card issuing or consulting to retail banks
- Understanding of card issuers’ P&L and cardholder life cycle
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the local payment landscape including Fintech
- Storyboarding and data storytelling including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of statistical analysis, machine learning, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Strong organizational and business planning skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% domestically within Vietnam
What will also help:
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with excellent project management skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, logical thinker with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data, make actionable recommendations, and tenacity to implement
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Solutions-focused mindset
Projects you will be a part of:
- As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of clients – card issuers, acquirers, sellers, fintech and other non-traditional partners
- As an example, you might be working with an issuer client to assess opportunities across cardholder lifecycle, conduct gap assessment and determine strategy or provide best practice recommendation to the Bank
- You will also be involved in client pitches, to bring strategic thinking in bringing together a compelling proposition to help Visa win clients and deepen partnerships
- You will bring to life data analytics solutions and propensity models built by the Data Science team to ensure clients find value to take action such as running marketing campaigns to drive payment card activation and usage, changing policies or processes, launching new products, opening new channels, among other things
- You will provide thought leadership and advisory service to our clients in the face of changing regulation and market landscape impacting business revenue streams
- Internally, you will have the capacity to support the Head of VCA IPVMC in strategy and business planning