Finance Systems Manager - Initiative Capture
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking a seasoned Finance Systems Manager to play a critical role in Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancements of financial systems. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, internal controls understanding, seamless coordination and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
The focus areas for this role are Corporate Accounting/Finance related Cost Accounting and/or Cost Accounting application initiative’s and support.
· Drives and supports implementation, integration and maintenance of General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Procurement, and Employee Expense reporting modules.
· Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of Expense Finance functional areas
- Provide advice and guidance to implement enterprise Cost Accounting systems to support various cost capture efforts across business functions and portfolios
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts among projects across the business portfolios when contributing to the plan to implement the Enterprise Cost Accounting solutions
- Identify workflow and business process improvements and make recommendations to client and project leadership from an efficiency, automation, and controls perspectives.
- Help drive the integration execution efforts of the expense applications per the agreed upon options
- Ensure Business requirements are comprehensive, concise, and documented, and that existing or proposed solutions meet business needs.
- Help drive Expense solutions for medium to large projects in a complex Controller and Financial operations environment.
- Review current state and align the solution to the target state
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders to identify and propose solution enhancements and workflow efficiencies.
- Specialists who understand Expense applications, gather, and align the business requirements with Visa’s applications.
- Deliver Business and System integrations, initiatives and enhancements while working with IT development teams.
- Execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and validation of system changes for the global systems in coordination with business process owners. The global expense systems include Oracle EBS systems as well SaaS applications such as Ariba Procurement and Concur expense
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Internal Controls and SOX policies as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend, and implement control improvements throughout the business provided processes
- Ensure complete and accurate Expense Management/Initiative Capture workflows.
· Ensure comprehensive Expense Management/Initiative Capture ERP Connector data profiling jobs.
· Understand the interconnection between Expense Management/Initiative Capture data assets and perform additional analysis to improve metadata quality.
· Works with business partners to solve for new concepts and metadata problems through root cause analysis techniques.
· Promotes and educates others on Expense Management/Initiative Capture practices to effectively implement and manage cost accounting standards and processes.
· Collaborates with IT team to prioritize and address issues and opportunities regarding data sourcing, business rules, data aggregation, data distribution, and data consumption.
· Partners with Information Technology (IT) for execution of Expense Management/ Initiative Capture solutions.
· Manages issues, as needed, and medium to large Expense Management/Initiative Capture -related projects of varying levels of scope and complexity.
· Serves as escalation support for Expense Management/Initiative Capture.
· 10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Accounting or similar field or at least 8+ years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
· Total 6-8 years of Business Analyst experience within an Expense business unit or supporting Expenses, Accounts Payable, Fixed assets, Project Costing, Procurement and General Ledger modules.
· Solid understanding of Controller and Expense management accounting processes/data fundamentals and flows
· Excellent business process and data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing, and related disciplines. A high degree of proficiency in Excel and Access required.
· Must be a team player with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise, and high-quality business requirements with minimal revisions.
· Extensive experience in working with external vendors.
· Ability to communicate and work directly with business leaders across Finance and Technology
· Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time and meet project deadlines.
· Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex business processes and systems.
· Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
· Proven success and industry reputation in building partnerships across business and IT stakeholders to deliver positive results
· Business acumen
· Strong work ethic with commitment to customer service to various stakeholders is a must
· Emotional intelligence and sound judgment
· Critical thinking skills
· Strong analytical skills; experience in data, operational and financial analysis
· Ability to thrive on change, innovation, and teamwork
· Experience with Oracle EBS or Peoplesoft Financials, Clarity, working knowledge of ERP Finance processes like General ledger, Procurement, Expenses, Project Costing etc.
- Core business hours of 2-11PM IST
- This position might require up to 10% travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.