Finance Systems Manager - Reporting & Analytics
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories. The Global FSS team executes the approach of the technology solutions implemented to support the global Finance organization.
Visa is currently seeking a seasoned Financial Systems Manager to play a critical role in Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, This role will design data solutions to automate business and system processes to meet business needs. The role defines best practices in the business information processes, functional design and implementation of data sourcing, validation and consumption to support various finance projects and stakeholders. Responsible for solution quality, functional performance, scalability and usability. Provides architectural and “big picture” oversight for the implementation.
The Financial Systems Manager role will work in a matrixed role, collaborating with the various Finance functions, FSS groups and technology to ensure alignment of Finance data solutions to the long-term application strategy and analytical reporting.
This is an individual contributor role.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of current systems and processes.
- Collaborate with business partners and IT team to develop comprehensive and concise reporting requirements and user stories.
- Help drive financial reporting solutions for medium to large projects in a complex and high-volume payment transaction-processing environment.
- Challenge status quo and bring new methods and techniques to the work force.
- Provide guidance to IT on functional design of the reporting requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in FSS and various Business groups
- Gather requirements and develop dashboards and Analytical reporting templates
- Quickly visualize data and provide in a business relevant context
- Effectively partner with IT to define and implement Analytical Dashboards and Reporting
- Synthesize very complex data findings into logical conclusions and impact assessments for executive management recommendations
- Ability to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of multiple finance systems supporting the various Finance departments (i.e. Controllers; FP&A; Revenue Operations; Billing; Tax & Transfer Pricing; Financial Operations; etc)
- Flexibility to lead change and adapt to changing business needs
- 12+ years of Financials systems experience with Reporting focus (Management, Functional support, Analysis, and Reporting)
- Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in leading testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing for large transformation programs.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling
- 7+ Years of experience in developing Reporting templates and dashboards using Tableau, Power BI and SSAS.
- Strong expertise in Crafting intuitive and interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau for data driven decisions.
- Tableau, Power BI, OBIEE with Essbase and/or MicroStrategy is beneficial
- Excellent SQL skills
- Knowledge of Big Data/Hadoop
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations within the team and work in collaboration
- Experience with one or more Cubing technologies like Essbase, TM1, SSAS, At Scale, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes and systems
- Working knowledge of accounting treatments and statistical reporting and General Ledger Applications
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Agile/scrum methodology experience preferred
- Prior experience leveraging tools like Jira preferred
- Strong Communication skills, time management and project management
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to change
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues to business stakeholders.
- Master’s degree (or higher level) in either Business/Finance, Computer science or related field is bonus.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours (2PM - 11 PM IST)
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.