Director, Solutions Management - DPS (Europe) (f/m/div.)
- Frankfurt, Germany
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
Visa DPS is one of the world’s largest processors, providing our customers with innovative issuer processing solutions. Following our successful initial launch, we are now rapidly expanding into the European market. Experience the flexibility and innovation found in a startup while benefitting from the power of Visa: established network, market-leading solutions, and outstanding implementation power.
As the Solution Management Director, you will play a critical role in the rapid expansion of DPS across Europe, building a best in class solutions management team. You will work as part of a small but growing team with a start-up culture for the European market supported by DPS’ global teams. You will use your technical aptitude, customer centricity and leadership skills to drive the expansion of DPS and leverage your outstanding solutions strategy skills to build strong customer relations and drive the technical sales process. You work hands-on with customers - keeping in mind evolving market, client, and consumer needs, with the objective of driving significant future European market growth for Visa. You are a thought leader in the payments business and influence the product development.
What we expect you to do, day to day.
- Lead the technical aspects of our issuing processing solutions throughout the sales process, focusing on customer satisfaction and Visa growth.
- Managing a team of Solutions Managers, providing direction, guidance and supporting personal development
- Represent Visa DPS in our customers product ideation stage, supporting clients to make the most from Visa DPS in the cardholder propositions.
- Lead technical sales projects and initiatives (demos, prototypes etc.), providing structure through the engagement, and guidance internally and externally.
- Proactively consider customer needs and goals to design architectural solutions that meet partner and Visa objectives.
- Identify and address potential issues and risks related to client designs and implementations. Where necessary, feed into pipeline prioritization and product roadmap to ensure challenges are addressed and value delivered.
- Be an expert on Visa DPS & associated value added services. Provide profound technical advice and establish relationships with customers to be recognized as their trusted advisor.
- Lead market, customer, and competitive research to understand market and customer needs & trends.
- Identify innovation within the payment sector and collaborate with local and global product management for potential enablement.
- Support customers driving efficiency and profitability by ensuring our solution is effectively used and implemented. Maximize the use of value added services by DPS and wider Visa.
- Continuously build knowledge of technical architecture, tools, systems, and languages used across various business partners to ensure clarity amongst all parties.
- Identify gaps in communication loops, cross-functional understanding, and effectiveness. Understand how all partners' functional skills and capabilities impact the product and communicate to create buy-in from stakeholders on product priorities.
- Work closely with the Business Development team and the Client, to understand customer needs and desired outcomes. Identify and create solutions utilizing DPS, Visa and Client technology which deliver these needs and outcomes, bringing to life the value which we provide to the Client, illustrated and supported by use cases and narratives.
- Utilize a consultative technical sales approach that demonstrates benefits for the client's business objectives and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized.
- Lead the technical and product response to client requests, such as RFI/RFP in time and best quality.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Typically requires a minimum of 15 years business experience with 10 years of relevant work experience in the payments industry, preferably in product management or technology at an Issuer, Issuer Processor, Scheme, Core.
- A business leader with a passion for the future of payments who demonstrates strong knowledge of issuing processing solutions, client integration/interactions and comfortable to operate outside of direct remit to achieve best outcomes for Visa and Clients.
- A proactive and driven individual with the capacity to adapt to solve problems, address challenges and enable progression
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and grow teams to be high performing
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work creatively, strong problem solving skills, and a clear ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Profound understanding of the payment’s compliance landscape
- ·Excellent analytical skills, the ability to simplify the complex, and remove technical barriers to execution.
- Excellent Project Management skills with key understanding in both Waterfall and Agile frameworks. Profound understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle and of modern technologies (e.g. APIs, cloud solutions etc.).
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver - leads in difficult and large problem areas by acting proactively
- Significant experience working across European markets in the payments sector
- Strong ability to balance interpersonal skills, technical proficiency, and commercial judgement to drive outcomes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.