Technical Product Manager - DPS (Europe)
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
Visa DPS is one of the world’s largest processors, providing our customers with innovative issuer processing solutions. Following our successful initial launch, we are now rapidly expanding into the European market. Experience the flexibility and innovation found in a startup while benefitting from the power of Visa: established network, market-leading solutions, and outstanding implementation power.
Visa is searching for a European Technical Product Manager to play a critical role in the DPS Issuer Processing product solution. Working as part of a small but growing team with a start-up culture, and supported by strong strategy, global product and technical teams, you will use your breadth of software and product development skills to primarily support the UK based scrum team. You will develop DPS and the value added services it supports while also interacting with both internal stakeholders and external clients, applying numerous product development disciplines.
This role will represent the product view on one of many high performing global agile (SAFe) development teams and requires very close collaboration with all the global development teams. There are three primary objectives:
1. Lead, direct and support product software development for the UK based scrum team.
2. Work with business owners and product managers to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements that will be delivered by the UK based team.
3. Collaborate with the Europe and Global DPS Product Management teams to ensure expectations and priorities are aligned.
To deliver on these objectives, this role is required to:
- Support regional delivery, leveraging global and/or other region expertise.
- Identify product development requirements in order to deliver market and regional change as needed
- Work with supporting and adjacent teams to validate requirements that affect Visa, DPS and DPS Issuer clients.
- Support product management to align with the Client Services organization to ensure client support requirements are catered for with feature development
- Support European DPS Product with regional insights and analysis
- Collaborate with the DPS teams to advance Visa’s thought leadership both internally and externally
- Partner with DPS Product and Business management to ensure regional growth priorities are shaped and understood, balancing priority based on local and regional drivers.
What we expect you to do, day to day.
- Direct, support and nurture the software delivery team
- Work with business stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information and systems to achieve final technology/business solution.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the business objectives and translate these into requirements to input to the product roadmap and backlog.
- Ensure the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, including dependencies and priorities based on the overall strategy.
- Elaborate Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Review QA test results before releasing to UAT.
- Support testing, training and implementation activities, including documentation that supports internal and external stakeholders that consume DPS services
- Facilitate in providing estimates for user stories, bug fixes, spikes, etc.
- Attend and participate in SAFe (agile) ceremonies that require Product Owner support and/or input (e.g. planning and refinement sessions)
- Identify new product innovative opportunities that will jointly benefit our clients and Visa, using your detailed insights on the internal operations and mechanics of the product
- Establish strong internal partnerships – partner with product management, tech, client services and off train teams to effectively deliver change
- Advise, consult and be a thought partner - help drive and provide input into product management and broader DPS business team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years in a product ownership, or scrum master in an agile team (preferably SAFe)
- 3+ years Business Analysis Skills
- Successful track record of working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and stakeholder management with an ability to translate business needs to a technical team
- Data flow process mapping, data transformation, migration and reconciliation.
- Results orientated, continues to work toward achievement of goals in the face of obstacles readily integrating changes into work processes and outputs
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of issuer processing, payments, payment standards, scheme rules, payment processing technologies and regulations.
- Proven experience working in an Agile methodology environment, ideally SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, Lean/Kanban) an advantage
- Good technical understanding of web applications and APIs.
- Great intellectual agility and attention to detail.
- Open to feedback, able to deal with ambiguity and work on multiple concurrent activities.
- Working experience in using Jira and Confluence.
- Able to work and manage scrum teams that are geographically dispersed and across time zones (direct experience an advantage)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.