Director: Digital Consulting, Visa Consulting & Analytics - Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions and Acquiring)
What a Director, Digital, Visa Consulting & Analytics does at Visa:
We are looking for an individual to join us as a Digital SME in Visa Consulting and Analytics Center of Excellence team based in Singapore. This individual will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for digital payments across Asia Pacific Working with the Digital SME Lead, and the country teams, the Director will be responsible for significant components of client consulting engagements, and in some cases leading end-to-end delivery of these engagements, within the digital vertical. Typically, this will involve the Director interacting with the client team, gathering and managing project inputs, analyzing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations.
Usually, 2-4 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include payment strategy review and roadmap design, digital payments wallet assessment and launch, mobile banking App review and enhancement. It would also include driving digital engagement on client portfolios powered by Visa’s data, collaborating closely with the data science teams on building data driven solutions to drive digitization and growth of payments with clients, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices.
The Director will be responsible for identifying potential clients’ business pain-points and areas for strategy and process improvement, thereby defining project scope deliverables and revenue opportunity to sell-in client engagement projects and building new practice solutions.
- Contribute to the development of VCA’s Digital consulting offerings and engagement delivery in Asia Pacific to help Visa clients protect and grow payments across digital channels
- Monitor market developments on Digital disruption and trends and provide feedback to other Visa’s teams to help inform Visa’s strategy and response to the evolving ecosystem
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with client senior executives through impactful Digital consulting engagements
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., product, marketing, risk, innovation) to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Prepare client proposals and project plans, identifying dependencies, roles and responsibilities, scope and deliverables
- Participate in delivering project engagements by preparing project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
- Conduct industry research, drawing on Visa and partner resources as well as colleagues to identify global best practices and distill insights relevant to the client problem at hand
- Continuously build knowledge, surfacing new insights and producing thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development
- Create compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly
- Support Thought Leadership projects on the future of payment to our clients and partners
- Support Digital VCA solutions and support the development of Global Digital solutions, capabilities and credentials
Why this is important to Visa
With a rapid change in the payment landscape, new regulations around Open banking and Open data, new bank licenses and emergency of new fintech players – the payment ecosystem is rapidly evolving and our clients are looking to Visa as the payment experts to help them navigate through the opportunities and challenges that these changes pose. Visa with its global reach and clients across regions is seen as to be best placed to assist our clients sharing global trends and best practices as they try to solve strategic business problems and drive growth in payments through digitization. A new role within the COE, we are looking for an individual to join us as Manager - Digital. Reporting directly to the Digital Practice SME. The role will support and deliver projects across the AP region and will work on consulting engagements for Visa clients in driving client’s payments roadmap and digital strategies, enabling growth of digital payments and experiences, using the power of Visa data and analytics to solve clients pain points and solve business issues for our clients including advising on growth partnership, product strategies, banking experience.
These consulting engagements will help Visa clients address challenges and opportunities related to Digital customer engagement and Digital transformation. Consulting engagements will allow Visa clients define strategic directions, enhance channels and improve infrastructure and servicing.
The ideal candidate will have already accumulated strong consulting experience and will be curious about the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end and relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Essential specific skill-set and experience required:
- Minimum 12-15 years’ relevant experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Good knowledge of the digital payments industry landscape and developments, consumer trends and regulatory changes in Asia Pacific and globally
- Good understanding of Digital trends in Financial Services and Visa’s core Digital products and services offering
- Excellent client relationship management with strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong team orientation, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- Proven ability to drive innovation and lead change in successful top tier companies
- Exposure to customer experience design (using human cantered design / design thinking)
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modelling, scoring schemes, etc
- Strong undergraduate academic accomplishment
- Willingness to travel (35%+)
What will also help:
- Direct relevant experience in consulting roles and or payment / technology / financial services firms leading and executing large high impact client projects
Projects you will be a part of:
The nature of projects this role would play a key role in are varied. To list a few, this would include:
- Review and define our client’s Payment Strategy
- New product and experience development for clients
- Driving digital adoption and engagement on client portfolios
- Evaluation of client mobile app functionality, benchmarking and recommendations
- Building thought leadership and global best practice materials
- Partnering with Visa Data science team to brainstorm and build high impact scalable client solutions leveraging the power of Visa data to solve for key Client business issues
Given the current situation brought about by the pandemic, we have to undertake sufficient labour marketing testing (i.e. ensure we do a proper sweep of the local talent) before we can consider EP applications.