Product Manager (Technical) - Sr. Consultant - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you interested in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa is committed to fueling innovation in this space along with our partners. To this end, Visa is committed to open up the majority of existing APIs to our current clients and partners as well as the broader developer community.
Visa Developer Platform (VDP) is an exciting new initiative with an ambitious objective to consolidate multiple partner and developer facing assets across Visa into a common platform in order to simplify partner connectivity, decrease integration costs, and accelerate the pace of collaboration and innovation across payments ecosystem.
Technical Product Manager
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. The VDP team is looking for a TPM who is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will help build a state of the art developer platform, design next generation of Visa APIs, and help build infrastructure to make partners/developers worldwide successful using Visa payment network.
Additionally, you’ll also be defining and evangelizing the API-first philosophy for all development teams at Visa. This includes engaging in technical and functional discussions with many teams and continuous engagement with product managers and customers across a range of Visa’s new and existing products.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than three years of technical product and/or program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services, or APIs is highly desirable. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner and able to pick up new domain quickly.
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately
- Partner with Product Management to define Visa’s overall web services/API strategy. Own the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams
- Identify new and innovative areas to improve customer satisfaction. Drive the prioritization, delivery and measure the KPIs for their features
- Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Define and evangelize API frameworks, best practices for API design and development practices across all Visa teams
- 5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 1 year of work experience with a PhD degree
- 9-12 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 4 years of experience with a PhD.
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in technical product and program management
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Fluent in discussions about API design, SDKs, and developer tools.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Proven track record of driving large scale products across multiple teams and shipping product in time.
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.