Manager, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Doha, Qatar
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Manager will support the Visa Consulting & Analytics team to deliver high impact projects to our clients in Qatar and the region. We are looking for motivated individuals who will provide analysis to shape the insights we deliver to clients, support consulting projects delivery and participate in growing the practice.
- Support the delivery of projects at client site for acquirers, merchants and issuers in the region.
- Conduct data analysis using Visa and external data to understand acquirer needs across the focus markets and identify opportunities for consulting assignments with clients across their assigned region.
- Provide support in developing country plans for consulting activity with acquirers securing funds from partnership agreements to support consulting projects where such agreements exist
- Work closely with the engagement team, manager and client representative to deliver the projects, along with internal stakeholders.
- Run project work stream on a day-to-day basis, including conducting research and data analysis and synthesizing them to develop insights and recommendations
- Assume full project management responsibility for the assigned project and be the primary liaison with the client and internal stakeholders for project updates
- Support or lead on developing hypotheses, contribute to conclusions and assist other senior team members in presenting back to the client, especially understanding acquirer pain points, performance and value -added services to define client product roadmap
- Support or lead on project economics and to manage risk and quality of the project deliverables
- Provide client project implementation support
- Help develop and deliver client training programs and impart best practices knowledge sharing to Visa clients
- Support knowledge sharing with consulting teams in other regions to incorporate best practice, source analytical or other solutions to bring global perspective to local clients
- Support the team in developing and bringing the Visa Consulting & Analytics proposition in the market
- Manage the preparation of proposals for new client work
- Contribute to the development of Visa Consulting & Analytics thought leadership materials
- Support business development initiatives by assisting in developing our product offerings, and marketing to external and internal clients
- Carrying out other ad hoc support and internal team projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least eight years of solid experience gained within the financial services practice of a top-tier consulting firm or within the cards business of a bank or acquiring business at a bank. A combination of regional and global experience strongly desired.
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Advanced client management and presentation skills. Credibility with clients and working teams and diplomatic skills to extract desired outcomes. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management of clients and VISA.
- Strong knowledge of the cards business, acquiring business including business and operational acumen
- Highly analytical with advanced PowerPoint skills and Excel skills.
- Superior project management skills. Fluent communicator.
- Results driven, flexible and both internally and externally customer focused.
- Able to travel frequently and work on client site for extended periods across MENA.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative with limited direction.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in English mandatory. Arabic desired but not a prerequisite.
Role is based out of Doha, Qatar.
This role is expected to be working at client premises for extended periods of time.