Sr. SW Engineer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Payment Digitization Platform (VPDP) comprising of Visa Token Services (VTS) and various flavors of Visa Checkout (VCO) is part of the Visa Digital & Developer Platform (VDDP) group within the Visa Technology Organization. Tokenization is a key pillar of Visa’s digital future, allowing innovators to develop new payment use cases where a traditional card simply is not viable (IoT, Contextual Commerce, etc,). Visa Checkout is also evolving to being our new standards-based solution for ecommerce - Visa Digital Commerce Platform (VDCP). This platform is tightly integrated with Visa Token Services (VTS) to support provisioning of payment credentials for one-time, card-on-file and device-based payments.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team in VPDP Singapore!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will help lead, design, enhance and build our solutions for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, reviewing code and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see your code going to production in just a few weeks and used by strategic accounts worldwide. If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture, solutions and opportunities.
Our team, as well as our group works under the principles of a common engineering model with both development and testing expertise. You are expected to have hands-on experience and sufficient knowledge to contribute on both fronts as needed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing software.
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build the next generation of payment solutions.
- Help our clients achieve their business goals by understanding their requirements and delivering the best solution.
- Act as Feature Lead for efforts to design and implement various aspects of secure payment solutions.
- Periodically rotate into the role of Scrum Master to lead agile, scrum teams for a given sprint.
- Able to take up QA responsibilities from time to time to functionally test features end-to-end, since we expect everyone to be able to perform DEV and QA tasks in a unified engineering team.
- Actively participate in meetings and discussions with product and architecture teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a team player focus, with an ability to hone leadership skills over time and work as a mentor to junior team members.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards.
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field;
- Typically candidates are expected to have 4-6 years of experience working in a technology company on Java and related technologies.
We want our Senior Software Engineers to do much more than just write code. You would be expected to bring in expertise that include:
- 4-6 years of solid Experience in technologies including JAVA, J2EE, REST, ORACLE and more.
- Good Experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate is a must-have. Any additional experience with a MVC Framework like Spring MVC, Struts, etc. is a Plus.
- Strong foundation in requirements scoping, data structures, algorithms, instrumenting and performance benchmarking, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- 4-6 years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in latest JDK and earlier releases. Must be able to articulate experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, JAX, etc.); Java / J2EE certification a Plus.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY) is required.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Experience working with a variety of Application Servers and Databases (At least Tomcat, Oracle or equivalent).
- Exposure to tools like JMeter, SoapUI is good to have to carry out QA tasks.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded concurrent programming is needed. Experience with non-blocking IO is an added Plus.
- The ideal candidate would be one having full stack development experience and flexible to work both on backend or frontend depending on the project backlog.
- Familiarity with common application security vulnerabilities and how to overcome them (OWASP) is a Plus.
- Our engineers do more than just write and test code and we need managers for them to go beyond just supervising them:
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- • You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
- You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development is required.
- Knowledge in micro services and hands-on experience in Kubernetes, Docker and OpenShift would be a strong plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.