Senior UX/UI Designer
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Design is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's applications and products. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
What a Senior UI/UX Designer does at Visa:
In this role, you will model excellent UX principles and mentor junior staff. The Senior UI/UX Designer is an experienced individual contributor responsible for designing usable, accessible, and engaging user experiences for Visa's digital product line.
Why this is important to Visa
Interested in connecting people across the world through power of commerce and want to work on a great team with amazing people? Want to create products, services and platforms that can transform the future of commerce? So do we.
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Product Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy and we want to hear from you!
Projects you will be a part of:
- Multi-sided commerce marketplaces that enable personalized commerce and engagements.
- Omnichannel instalment products that enable frictionless consumer experiences.
- Data-as-a-service platforms that drive intelligent banking and lending.
What you will need:
- At least 8+ years of hands-on product design experience supporting product development, such as UX/UI, Style Guide, Development
- Years of hands-on international experience including deep cultural familiarity with India
- A strategic thinker, with a strong applied knowledge of user experience within new product development.
- Passionate about new web technologies and web techniques to help build next gen user experiences.
- Excellent analytical abilities and knowledge of visual, UI and interaction design principles with attention to detail and consistency.
- Ability to create personas, journey maps, service design maps, user flows, wireframes, concepts, and to propose and execute on UX roadmaps
- Experience and understanding of Product Management and the agile process
- Responsible for the strategic oversight of product lines
- Ability to capture requirements and collaborate with business partners and build upon their vision using sound UX principles
- Ability to design usable, accessible, and engaging digital end-to-end user experiences & testable prototypes for the web and mobile in tools such as Invision, Sketch, Adobe, Figma, Abstract, and Principle based on a thorough understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Ability to support and conduct usability tests (web and mobile), and knowledge in a wide variety of usability testing methods as well as a full spectrum of generative, iterative, and evaluative design research activities, including surveys, interviews, tree tests, card sorting, and RITE.
- Ability to justify design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies, and quickly propose possible solutions to UX issues to guide design.
- Be proactive in advocating for user needs through delivering engaging and clear insights and actionable recommendations to the team.
- Ability to document your designs and consult with engineers to ensure they are built and function as intended
- Experience and proven track record in planning, facilitating and producing deliverables from design thinking workshops, demonstrating excellence in presentation, and strong stakeholder / client orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and empathic interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail with a clear, demonstrable record of applying complex UX skills into practical business impact.
- Ability to work closely with product managers, clients and other stakeholders in our Asia Pacific region to create UX strategies that align with business goals and priorities and manage stakeholder, partner and vendor relationships
- Ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences
- Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a team
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
What will also help:
- Direct relevant experience in B2B2C product design and or payment / technology firms.
- Relevant experience in the Financial Technology industry is a plus
- Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field
- Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Balsamiq, Invision or other industry tools
- Proficiency designing high-fidelity mockups using Figma, Sketch or other industry tools
- Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
- Teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
- Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in English
- An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.