Manager/Deployment, Design & Architecture, AP
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Product Design & Architecture team is at the forefront of a pivotal transformation for the organization. We are committed to evolving a market centric and customer focused product development practice, to lead the next decade of payments innovation in AP.
Based in Singapore, we are a team of product strategists, designers, solution architects and solution deployment specialists. We work with markets and our regional as well as global product and development teams to identify, solution for, build and deploy enhanced and new payment capabilities.
From consumer and digital, to business, processing and data, join our exciting mission to incubate and accelerate regional products that deliver frictionless payment experiences.
What a Manager - Deployment does at Visa:
Visa's Product Design & Architecture team is responsible for identifying new opportunities that exist within the mobile payment landscape, creating strategies that define Visa's participation in those opportunities, and delivering the capabilities required to capture those opportunities.
Within that team, the Deployment group will work with a diverse set of Visa issuers, merchants, e-commerce, fintech and big tech partners to deliver Visa’s various products successfully into the marketplace. The role will focus on supporting the deployment of digital and data products as the product lead supporting clients in region. This position would be ideal for a candidate with an engineering or pre-sales consultant background looking to build upon that experience in the product side of a payments technology company.
- Support Visa Token Service (VTS) as well as New Regional Product commercial rollouts
- Provide on-field first level technical support for product integrations
- Responsible to advise and guide clients (issuers, merchants, fintechs, wallet providers) on product integration options and act as a technical SME by being able to understand the platform in its entirety, from overall architecture to the nuances of individual messaging protocols
- Provide pre-sales technical integration support for the Visa Digital Solutions SDK and VTS token requestor and Issuer APIs through Visa Developer Portal
- Maintain client satisfaction by supporting engagements resulting in successful go-lives
- Support the on boarding process for clients and work with regional teams ensuring that sales team are accurately & suitably supported resulting in successfully closed deals
- Work in conjunction with regional staff with regards to supporting client integrations
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to existing capabilities and process to product managers in the product development stream to accelerate adoption with key stakeholders in key marketplaces/segments/regions
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in computer/electrical engineering or computer science, or equivalent technology expertise and acumen acquired through work experience
- Minimum of 8+ years progressively responsible experience in product development in mobile payments and/or mobile application platforms or in payments systems integration
- The ideal candidate will have experience with mobile contactless payment issuance programs (i.e., payWave or payPass), smart card deployments (i.e., EMV), or with applications using NFC
- Preferred experience in an engineering or pre-sales consultant role with international experience
- Working and demonstrable knowledge in Java, and C# programing languages.
- Working and demonstrable knowledge of using SOAP, RESTful protocols
- A technically minded candidate with consulting experience in a sales engineering or systems integration role
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences, in a sales-oriented manner
- Independent decision making required on daily basis with minimal oversight from senior members of staff
- Complex and varied workload, required to support multiple ongoing implementations and sales processes
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Basic planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple activities with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel as needed
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.