Product Manager - DPS (Europe) (f/m/div.)
- Frankfurt, Germany
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
Visa DPS is one of the world’s largest processors, providing our customers with innovative issuer processing solutions. Following our successful initial launch, we are now rapidly expanding into the European market. Experience the flexibility and innovation found in a startup while benefitting from the power of Visa: established network, market-leading solutions, and outstanding implementation power.
Visa is searching for a European Product Manager to play a critical role in the expansion and delivery of the DPS Issuer Processing product solution in Europe. Working as part of a small but growing team with a start-up culture, and supported by strong strategy, global product and technical teams, you will use your breadth of product management skills to support the expansion of DPS, as well as problem solving skills that drive the future product roadmap and capabilities. You will work hands-on with customers as well as supporting other teams who work directly with clients - keeping in mind evolving market, client, and consumer needs and with the objective of driving significant future European market growth for Visa with truly meaningful change.
This role will be one of a team of Product Managers with responsibility that covers the target markets across the region and requires close collaboration with the global teams to prioritize the product roadmap and capabilities. There are three primary objectives:
1. Deliver the features and capabilities supporting growth and expansion of DPS in target markets.
2. Deliver European DPS product readiness including local legal and regulatory consideration, support, and input to business models as well as global roadmap development requirements.
3. Consider the enablement of Value Added Services (VAS) in line with DPS services.
To deliver on these objectives, this role is required to:
- Identify product readiness requirements and deliver market and regional change as needed
- Work with Risk and Governance teams to shape regulatory requirements that affect Visa, DPS and DPS Issuer clients.
- Align with the Client Services organization to ensure our clients have the level of support available that is expected and required
- Drive regional localization and support DPS product stakeholders with regional insights and analysis
- Partner with DPS development team to ensure regional growth priorities are shaped and understood, balancing priority based on local and regional drivers.
- Advance Visa’s thought leadership both internally and externally, supporting in region sales teams with education and information that drives the success of the product
- Support regional sales engagements leveraging global and/or other region expertise.
- Closely partner with DPS Strategy and Partnerships team to ensure regional growth is supported with appropriate partnerships and partnership models.
What we expect you to do, day to day.
- Develop and deliver on commercial priorities for DPS across the European expansion in conjunction with key stakeholders regionally.
- DPS product design and development. Identify and deliver enhancements to DPS to meet evolving client demands, local market conditions and drive innovation that will jointly benefit our clients and Visa
- Understand and prioritize enhancements, describe epics and features clearly in order that they can be consumed by product development functions.
- Drive change to be reusable wherever possible, ensuring solutions are built for efficiency and scale over bespoke development.
- Support competitive, customer, and market analysis, in conjunction with market facing teams, that supports the development of new features and capabilities.
- Support examination of new market opportunities and potential external partnerships.
- Contribute to budget and financial planning, providing insight into potential revenue opportunities as well as potential cost implications.
- Develop appropriate product readiness artifacts, operating models and business plans, advocate for funding, track our performance, and use learnings to inform future growth.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain training and information artefacts that support in market teams to sell and deploy DPS and supporting VAS products successfully.
- Establish internal partnerships – collaborate with Visa internal stakeholders across functions to champion DPS.
- Advise, consult and be a thought leader - help drive and provide strategic input into the broader DPS business team
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 3-5 years of experience in the payments industry, preferably in product management or strategy at an Issuer, Issuer Processor, Scheme or Core
- Familiar understanding of Issuer Processing, related regulation, and market competitiveness across Europe
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver – thrives in difficult and big problem spaces
- Rigorous thinker, ability to transpose business, financial and technical understanding to relevant market and product development based on client demand, leading to commercial & revenue opportunities
- Understanding of how to scale and distribute products/services within a technology company
- Ownership and driving impact are important aspects to the role, must have the mindset to fully understand and quickly overcome commercial, technical, industry and internal challenges to succeed
- Comfortable in iterative and continuous change to maximize opportunities and drive efficiencies
- Ability to progress solutions and enhancements with urgency and prioritized focus for commercial and strategic benefits for our customers and Visa
- Business acumen, analytical skills and keen understanding of new technology, processing business models and profitability drivers
- Familiarity with development of new consumer value propositions, a passion for meeting consumer needs and ability to translate customer need to commercially viable propositions
- Execution bias to support or drive product initiatives and meet key product result areas
- Negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work creatively and independently, problem solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and demands often under time constraint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.