Business Development Manager, Procurement
- Paris, France
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
This role is a business development role in the VBS team, helping to grow the procurement business in Continental Europe. The aim of this role is to support Visa account executives and sales managers to grow their portfolios of purchasing transactions. This will include helping Issuers develop strategies for addressing business to business Procurement opportunities; directly supporting Issuers with key deals and opportunities and, manage new Visa partners in the procurement environment that support growth.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- This is a business development role in Visa Business Solutions (VBS) that focusses on building use of the Visa network and Visa commercial products for procurement use cases, leveraging Visa Purchasing products and related products in their physical, virtual and mobile formats. This is primarily a role focussing large market and middle market.
- Develop an understanding of the range of solutions that Visa has available to address this opportunity. These solutions can include Visa network capability and those delivered by partners, in particular collaborating with acquirers. This includes the suite and mobile solutions under Visa Commercial Pay.
- Work with the VBS team to build an understanding of the technology environment around procurement and payment in Europe, focusing on ERP system providers, procurement networks, and other new Fintechs that focus on procurement, payment optimisation or receivables processing. Build relationships with these organisations and creating partnerships or referral processes expand the business.
- Use this knowledge and these skills to be a highly experienced, confident, expert and consultative member of the VBS team, working with Issuers and their customers. Be able to identify procurement challenges, design the best payment solutions using Visa products, and manage these opportunities through to implementation. These opportunities may be anywhere in Continental Europe and will cross many types of industry segments.
- To be effective, an understanding of the payment services used by buyers to pay suppliers, including existing account to account services, (both domestic and cross border) and the cost and benefits of these. An understanding of new request-to-pay and Open Banking models and the ability to relate those to buyer/supplier transactions will be important, as will an understanding of the rapidly growing B2B marketplace environment.
• The successful applicant will have business development or solution sales experience in procurement and payment in Europe. This may be from a bank, an ERP or procurement system provider, an acquirer or acquiring Gateway, a procurement network, or procurement consultancy, or card network.
• Influencing skills with be a critical part of this role. You must be able to influence both internal and external business partners, and have the credibility to negotiate, strong relationship skills to gain confidence of clients and partners, and the ability to establish open and transparent relationships.
• This is a highly commercial and target driven role and you will need to prove the financial success of your efforts. You will need strong financial, analytical, collaborative and product skills that align with managing major opportunities. This will include working with pricing and deal modelling teams on specific opportunities.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical. Ideally, you will be comfortable representing Visa with our bank customers, and reflecting the Visa values.