Senior Project Analyst (Technical Project Manager)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
This candidate will join the CIO Program and Business Management Office and support End User Operations (EUO) projects within Corporate IT (CIT). Candidate will be responsible for successful project coordination and delivery of End User technologies while working with matrixed teams comprised of Systems Analysis, Vendors, Development, QA, Service Management, Operations, Engineering and Business personnel.
The Corporate IT organization is in the middle of a major transformation effort. This effort is intended to dramatically change the way End Users work, with the intent to implement design based thinking to dramatically improve the user experience. This transformation requires us to bring in resources who have both the technical and project management skills to not only understand project methodologies but to also have a deep understanding of the technology deployments they are managing. As the rest of the larger CIT organization evolves, the CIO Office area is directly tasked with assisting with new product deployments, user experience improvement efforts and replacing End of Life (EOL) technologies.
- Manage multiple large technical projects, independently own and manage multiple change requests, new initiatives, etc.
- Mindset to read and understand detail business and technical requirements.
- Identify key stakeholders and work to achieve project objectives.
- Create detail project schedule, Gantt chart, critical path, etc.
- Manage project status report, issues, action items, risks, change log, internal and external dependencies, etc.
- Follow up on issues and action items towards resolution.
- Require minimal oversight and independently manages/resolves ambiguity.
- Regularly monitor and report on project progress.
- Facilitate project status meetings, requirements and design discussions, and defect status reviews.
- Coordinate project estimating process, manage project budget, forecast, planned vs. actual.
- Work with vendors to develop, review and execute contracts.
- Develop innovative methods to effectively manage project constraints.
- Own and manage project SharePoint site, Project Work Book (PWB) and project communication plan.
- Work with project team to enforce Visa compliance requirements.
- Computer Science, IT and/or a technical project management background (education/work experience).
- PMP or Agile ACP certification required.
- 10+ years (8+ with advanced degree) of project management experience required, preferably with Network (LAN, WAN), Collaboration (SharePoint, Exchange, Streaming) and Client Engineering technologies.
- SQL Querying and Data Synthesis ability.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Visa's PMM processes is desirable.
- Proven experience in driving technical projects across cross-functional teams, processes and projects in a heavily matrixed organization structure is required.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical teams in the delivery of large scale software development, operational and integration efforts.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation production support, including quality assurance and system integration.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Understanding of client contract management.
- Strong storyboarding and MS Office skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.