Vice President, North America Client Readiness
- Atlanta, GA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role can be based in Miami, Austin, and Atlanta.
Client Services (CS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition, to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants to implement core and non-core products and services. Oversight for resource planning, flawless execution on deliverables, setting and maintaining service levels, change management integrity and resource planning are all critical responsibilities for this position.
The Vice President, North America Client Services Readiness is responsible for leading a professional services team in addition to managing cross-functional teams to deliver client and CS readiness support and deployment of Visa’s new products and services for clients in North America. Clients include issuing and acquiring financial institutions, merchants, third party processors, enablers, fintechs and strategic partners. This role provides functional and technical leadership for all client readiness activities in North America, including the cross functional delivery of systems and services. This role is a direct report to the N.A. Lead for CS in addition to being part of the Global Client Readiness Leadership Team.
The VP, Client Readiness has responsibility for client and CS functional readiness for launches of new and modified Visa products, Digital and Business Enhancement readiness, key strategic initiatives and driving an elevated service experience. This lead position attracts, develops and retains talent, is a champion of diversity and inclusion and is highly effective at collaboration across functions and teams such as Product, Technology, CS, Sales and Clients. The team is also responsible for establishing consistent, scalable pre-launch processes, implementation approaches and ongoing support models in support of client adoption of Visa products and services.
The VP, Client Readiness is responsible for building a cohesive high performing team by providing leadership, setting strategic direction, and applying working knowledge of Visa and Visa products, systems, and procedures. This leader is also accountable for providing leadership to direct reports and partners closely with Global CS counterparts, cross-functional leaders, and executive management.
- Leads the North America Client Readiness organization, with direct management responsibility for Client Readiness staff in the region.
- Leads and motivate a team of professionals who provide the voice of the client, project management, technical support and client support.
- Delivering against expense and revenue targets within plan.
- Leads all aspects of supporting client and Visa readiness for Visa’s regular system releases, large operational initiatives, and all new or enhanced products and services.
- Partners closely with Product and Technology teams during the design and development phases to ensure we develop products and services with streamlined client implementation in mind.
- Establishes consistency and scalability for product and service implementation to help accelerate deployment in N.A.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels, including executive management.
- Leads by example, setting development and leadership goals for the organization, holding their team accountable for delivery of goals. Utilizes the Visa Leadership Principles and Rewards/Recognition programs inclusive of Annual Review.
- Partners across regions to leverage best practices and provide thought leadership as a member of the Global Readiness and North America Client Services Leadership Teams
- 12 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum of 15+ years of successful experience in progressive leadership roles with Client facing accountability in the Payments industry.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to solve complex global cross-functional issues exercising critical thinking and sound judgment.
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, supporting highly complex clients and/or services.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically lead cross-functional teams through high impact complex business issues that do not have precedent.
- Successful management of a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels.
- Working knowledge of payment systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, and settlement services, processing, business and operational drivers for Visa clients.
- Demonstrated experience with technical and/or sales account management, including successful client relationships providing strategic consultation leveraging analytical tools and processes.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Executive presence with excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex topics.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment in establishing and leading high performing, diverse teams focused on achieving and exceeding established goals and objectives.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires travel for work up to 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.