Sr Director - NA B2B Large and Middle Market Products
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director, B2B Large and Middle Market Product Lead is responsible for developing and leading segment, product and go to market strategy and delivering compelling solutions to solve the complex cash flow and working capital needs of Middle and Large Market companies in the North America. This role requires Executive Presence, Vision, Curiosity, Critical Thinking, Creative Problem Solving, Breadth of Knowledge about the functional, operational aspects of the payments ecosystem including the role and function of networks, processors, issuers, fintechs and end clients.
The talent to lead by example, enable and inspire and collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment while creating an impactful strategy and delivering compelling solutions that are aligned across Regional and Global Market teams - is critical to succeeding in this role.
This role requires a solid understanding of product strategy, product management, product development, B2B payment flows and operations (Issuing and Acceptance), procure to pay lifecycle, corporate/treasury banking and, the digital payment value proposition (e.g. credit, prepaid, digital solutions).
- Drives Visa Business Solutions Middle and Large market B2B strategy and growth
- Packages existing products and platforms into compelling solutions for Issuers and Partners to deliver to targeted segments of the Middle and Large Market
- Translates market needs into business requirements; personas; solution design; market messaging and other deliverables as needed
- Lead, manage, collaborate on operational aspects of delivery including with other Product Owners, Op Reg, Interchange, Risk, Compliance teams
- In collaboration with the teams mentioned above, play a key role in Rule changes and Pricing for Core Products as well as implementation strategies, performance considerations and pricing for technology platforms
- Collaborates with Global product and platform owners on prioritization of roadmap items for the North America Market
- Closely aligns with Account Executives to develop and execute on go to market plan, market messaging and client facing product discussions
- Envisions new features, functions or offerings based on Visa (or market) innovation
- Drives growth based on new ways to solve business problems for Middle and Large companies and the Issuers, Enablement Partners and Fintechs that serve this market
- Authors, Identifies and executes on activities for thought leadership deliverables including white papers and case studies
- Advocates and evangelizes Visa Middle and Large market needs and solutions internally through large and small meetings at all levels of the organization and externally through live and virtual speaking engagements (as needed)
- Proven experience in launching new payment solutions and solving business problems for Issuers and their end clients
- Proven experience in all aspects of product lifecycle management and the ability to scale from strategic to tactical and business to technical
- Proven ability to lead and effect change across complex cross-functional teams including technical and non-technical resources
- Strong results-oriented leader; analytic and fact-based consultative discipline demonstrating a growth mindset
- Track record of adding value to internal/external customers & partners by insightful and thoughtful questioning, offering new ideas, and delivering solutions
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- 10 years experience in payments roles with a network, processor or fintech plus a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Deep understanding of various payment flows and methods (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets)
- Experience with network, issuer, processor or accounting software partners
- Strong analytical skills with experience deriving insights from and creating a strategy based on market research, developing and managing financial forecasts
- Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an engaging way
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- Executive presence; and, comfortable presenting with the C-suite
- Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
- Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa solutions, processes, culture, leadership principles and how it all works together
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks are called out early
- Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
Primary work location is strongly preferred to be close to the Visa Highlands Ranch, San Francisco, Ashburn or Austin office
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.